1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My thoughts on Complaining About Shipping !!!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by D.Price, Mar 1, 2017.

1. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

I am sick of reading these post about shipping cost from this company or that company. It is a shame, you live in the best country on this planet where everything is at arms length and available almost instantly and you can't even see it.

I have guys every single day contacting me begging for fleshing machines or parts to make their own machines from countries all over the world. I ship them to Canada, $200 + for shipping, Mexico, $300 + for shipping, Switzerland $450 for shipping and so on.......I'm in contact right now with a guy in Vietnam wanting a machine, $1138 just for shipping. None of these prices include duty and/or taxes to enter their country. Many of these places do not have access or very limited access to any taxidermy supplies or machinery. The thing is they are paying it because they are trying to make a living.

If you do taxidermy as a hobby, well, hobbies are expensive, get over it !!! If you are doing taxidermy as a business raise your prices to cover the cost, if you can't figure it out because your "area" does not support the cost, tough chit, it is a part of business.

Suck it up cupcake and deal with it or get the hell out !!!

I'm done :mad:

DP

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I agree ......

I agree, just raise your prices to cover the increase in materials and shipping every year ..... and raise them some more to give yourself a pay raise.

:)

Kerby...

3. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Ju guys are trying to use logic, now stop it. :mad:
    This is only a guess but, do you think that so many of these complainers got into taxidermy because they were too cheap to pay someone else?

4. Well said! They need to Grow up and stop crying.

5. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I'm tired of people complaining about people complaining about people who complain about shipping costs - lol! ;)

I've always looked at hobbiest's as the ones who help keep our supplies costs down (eg. full-timers 12% discounts thru McKenzie, etc. for those that spend money) and probably our shipping costs too - lol! That's why I don't mind helping them out once in awhile if they need it! ;)

6. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Another thread about shipping! Your beating a dead horse. Its like complaining about the weather. The weather is not going to change to suit you and neither will shipping costs. I don't like paying high shipping costs and it is out of my pocket because I am only a hobbyist but its either that or drive two hours each way to McKenzie to pick up my order. I will pay the shipping. If I go to a show I get free shipping to the show plus the show discount.

7. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Just because you get robbed for less money than your neighbors is no reason to jump for joy.

Sure shipping is the cost of doing business, but with the wife being the shipping manager of a
    major company I see the huge inconsistency in shipping throughout this industry. When I was doing wholesale fish taxidermy my shipping costs to my customers NEVER approached the levels I see in taxidermy. I get hundreds of pounds of musical equipment shipped to my door constantly and again shipping never approaches what I see on my taxidermy shipments.

Why? Either shipping companies are gouging Taxidermy suppliers or SOME taxidermy suppliers are gouging customers.

Most times I am on the side of the company but your post is way off base. Nobody should have to accept being bent over the table and being told to shut up about it. Honestly America is built on people complaining.

8. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

Well find you a company you can trust with your needs and their shipping practices.

I don't know if any of you remember, but about 5-6 years ago I was discussing the buying up and merging of all the smaller companies with one particular larger company. Everyone jumped my a$$ because I was against capitalism, I was anti business etc. Well the chickens are now coming home to roost, but at the time everyone loved it because it was like shopping at Wal Mart and one stop shopping.

Right before I was banned from this site for over 3 years for this very argument, I made mention in one of my last post saying lets revisit this in 10 years. Well this is what we got and it hasn't been 10 years yet.

People are complaining but keep right on supporting them by purchasing their products and paying their shipping fees, and they are laughing all the way to the bank.

DP

9. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    You mean you don't offer free shipping on fleshing machines DP? WTH? Just messing with ya. Now carry on beating this horse.

10. Carolin Brak-Dolny

Carolin Brak-Dolny Active Member

To complain about shipping...I am from Canada. So I have to pay shipping from supplier in the USA ....to the Canadian border. Then I have to pay another amount of shipping from the border to my house. Then I have to pay sales tax of 13% even though it is not a Canadian product. So much for free trade! So ya every time a customer looks on the net and says they want a mount just like the one in the Mckenzie Catalog....... I haul out the calculator and the price goes way up.

As a question how much do you allow (percent per year) to offset projected price increases from the supplier and the shipper?

11. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Now you are complaining about shipping? I thought we were supposed to shut up on that subject....thus the only reason I bothered to reply to this thread.

I was never the guy to say "Thank you sir, can I have another" :D

12. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I love paying shipping cost....especially when the wife buys stuff online...no " at the counter" impulse purchases!!!!

13. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

D. Price.
    Spot On
    Drop the mic. Walk away.

14. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Shipping AND HANDLING. McKenzie is smart enough to charge what they need to turn the profit margin they need, and some taxidermists hate them. Those taxidermists dont do the same, and charge what THEY need to maintain that profit margin, its just easier to blame the big bad guy. Thats the new american way.

15. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I guess ...........

I guess the shipping & handling charges sort of suck for the $350 deer head taxidermist.

;D

Kerby...

16. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I doubt anyone in this thread is a $350 a head guy...IMO, I could be wrong. :D