1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year10" March Edition 2017!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year10" March Edition 2017!!!!!!!

A Warm Hello from the Airport in Boston MA. On the way to the California Taxidermy Association Annual competition and convention! Been there many time s and what a great bunch of taxidermist and Fish carvers alike! It will be a great show and I hope to see you there this weekend!

As will be heading over and across the pacific to attend the Australian Association of Wildlife Artists, and the New Zealand Taxidermy Association I will be sure to share many photos of the talent and the work from Down under!

2017 The year of trying new Techniques! This year I want you to find at least 3 new and fun techniques to work on to push your own limits to find new way to achieve your goals in Fish Taxidermy!

Thanks, all of you, as there are so countless unique contributors and many new ones alike that all share in this great string that has been around from many, many years now! I just want to remind and assure folks that we all begin somewhere and work hard at being the best we can all be as taxidermists. It is and always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show their work without criticism and hard comments! So, let’s remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get too involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

What a truly outstanding Month in February this past month was as the last month of the calendar year for the month in Fish pictures! Thanks to all the friends sharing their gifts and talents! I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We all share in fish pictures as a common place with friendliness and positive observations of inspiration as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the upcoming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you can be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first-hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginners to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more than great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start March with a Brown trout project that came from Argentina.

I hope you enjoy the Month of March and here is to a great 2017! ! See you in April!!!

You're Friend

Rick Krane

Salmo Trutta

[​IMG]

2. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

First for me... a Redear Sunfish. And a biggun at that! Nearly 4lbs. California fish. Got the blank from Warrens. Took a little bit of work, but really finished out nice I think! Heavily inspired by Timjo's work he has done on these big gals.

Overall Shot
    [​IMG]
    Frontal Shot
    [​IMG]
    Scale Details
    [​IMG]

3. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Re: The Month in Fish Pictures "Year10" March Edition 2017!!!!!!!

I get enough largemouth in KS to work on so this 40+" striper was actually fun. Custom carved form, cast head and fins. Plus a largemouth to boot Not sure why my phone flips images.
    [​IMG]
    Front
    [​IMG]
    Middle
    [​IMG]
    Caudal
    [​IMG]
    Big jaw
    [​IMG]

4. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

NICE job on the ear Jimmy and super work Cory!!!!! I'll continue the "Panfish" March Edition here as I really like gills and redears. This one is a skin mount that went close to 2 pounds I did a few years ago.....

Attached Files:

5. Toeknee22

Toeknee22 New Member

I will keep it going! Nice fish guys!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Re: The Month in Fish Pictures "Year10" March Edition 2017!!!!!!!

Latest few fish

14" Flying fish

[​IMG]

Texas state record Dorado
    [​IMG]

7. Re: The Month in Fish Pictures "Year10" March Edition 2017!!!!!!!

43" Redfish skin mount

[​IMG]

40" Redfish replica

[​IMG]

With Bluecrab
    [​IMG]

8. A bluegill for me!

Attached Files:

9. And a cool looking spawning bowfin

Attached Files:

10. In my quest to reach the talent level of many of you fish taxidermists on this site please take a look at this skin mount brown trout and then provide any feedback or critique that you feel would be beneficial. Thanks!

[​IMG]

11. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Troy,

Welcome to Tnet, and TMIFP!!!!!

This is a critique free thread. But if you want some feedback, simply make your own post on the brown, and that way people can help you out!!!

Jimmy

12. Thanks Jimmy!

13. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

2015 state record (MI) small mouth eye.

Attached Files:

14. My first carp without scales replica. (own blank).

Attached Files:

15. oldyellowdog

oldyellowdog Member

Paul,

Is that sm mth eye actual size? :eek:

16. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

16mm, looks actual size on my phone screen. Fish had very large eye socket, small iris.

17. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Looks great Paul.

18. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

Couple reproduction mounts

Attached Files:

19. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

6 3/4 Smallie repo on a starfish blank

Attached Files:

20. Shooterschoice

Shooterschoice work is for people who dont fish

That walleye is really nice