1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

19" Crappie Replicas on EBAY??

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by slabbandit, Mar 12, 2017.

1. slabbandit

slabbandit Active Member

Was wondering whose replicas the guy on Ebay is using. He says they are 19" and represent a 4lb 12oz crappie. I'm interested in trying one and was wondering if anyone recognizes whose replica it is.

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Does he ............

Do you have a link? Did he have a picture?

:)

Kerby...

3. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAXIDERMY-FISH-HUGE-BLACK-CRAPPIE-19-/232196933197?hash=item361004064d:g:eek:PcAAOSw2xRYb7nf

4. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Archie Phillips.

5. den007

den007 Active Member

Not sure about Archioe........most of his big ones are left facing, and surely done't have clear fins.

6. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Actually Archie has had clear fins since at least 2007 with "finished" seams and mouths. You may be right about it not being his but whoever molded it studied with him

7. den007

den007 Active Member

I have seen some of Archie's signature series, and did notice the 19 inch fish in the lineup. Since they do not show it, hard to tell. I do agree the "style" is the same. Even if it did not come with clear fins, looks like the ones used could have been retro-fitted.I am curious as to how many folks successfully buy inexpensive replicas, or mold some of their own, and make a decent buck on eBay. Something to think about!

8. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Not an AP signature series

9. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Thing throwing me is those pieces and vents look just like his.

10. 1fish2fish

Not saying it's not an AP, likely is. But it isn't his signature series. They distinguish themselves if you've seen one. You needn't look beyond the primary fins to tell, they look tooled. Here's the flyer:

http://img.archiephillips.com/data/Signature2013.pdf

11. 1fish2fish

You're funny 2...

12. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Lmao! That's hilarious. That bass on your link is an old Archie for sure. It was the first thing I did in taxidermy school in 2005. Smh....

13. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

Pretty sure the 17" crappie at the bottom is from starfish. At least the head sure looks like every one I've ever seen from there. I've restored a few for customers in the past.

15. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Yep and several of those bluegill are AP. I have one of them hanging in my showroom.

16. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Dude.... I honestly don't know why you're lying. But whatever gets you through the day.

17. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Sweet!
    What's mine say?

18. Ron Kelly

Ron Kelly Active Member

You may have molded them, but, if you are saying that all those are from your molds then you copied them illegally. Just saying.

19. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA

Hmm, something fishy here and still on post # 2

20. Ron Kelly

Ron Kelly Active Member

Nope, don't need to copy anything. Have tons of my own. GOOD ones. I did say IF and I apologize for ruffling your feathers. That big fish sold by AP is copied though. Off of one of mine , by the way, years ago. As well as many others.