1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

TAX fraud !!!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael j, Mar 16, 2017.

1. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Things aren't always the way they may appear to be. Unless you have concrete proof of his wrong doing, you are far better off to keep your mouth quiet. I know it sucks to do so. I understand your situation, I have had similar situations and the best advice I was given by a couple guys that aren't on here much any more and a few that are, run your business on the up and up and how you want and need to and let others do the same. The more time you spend worrying about the guy down the road could be better spent on your business. Show folks that you are the better option.

2. You should look into the Sole Proprietor laws, I myself do not have to charge sales tax legally because I am providing a service. I have a tax I.D. and show all of my expenses and income at the end of the year on my income tax. The only thing is when we set it up this way we were told we couldn't sell goods because then you would have to charge the sales tax. So anything you need to perform the mount is required to perform the service and the sales tax you pay to the supplier is written off. Now I am in Louisiana and I know that the states are probably different but this is legal on a federal level. I hope it helps you so you can compete with the guy down the street who may or may not be running his business this way.