1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Latest project

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by J P Baker, Mar 19, 2017.

1. A Bald Eagle!!!! I kept trying to figure out what the tail fan was in the bird section. Did you have to get some kind of permit to mount it? Or are you mounting it for conservation or something. I have always dreamed of mounting an eagle. I would really like to just get my hands on a red tail hawk. Do you know if you can? I can't wait to see that Eagle all mounted up!

2. It has all its paper work/permits. We are doing it for a Native American.

3. nate

nate Active Member

That's awesome JP. Can't wait to see it when it's done!!

4. He's put together and a lot of preening to go. I'll post up more when it's complete

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. It's looking pretty good!!

6. nate

nate Active Member

Holy!! That's awesome!! How great to have the chance to mount one of those!

7. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Nice. Have one to do myself. Did you use an artificial head? I assume the plumage is similar to a hawk or owl in that the down catches any grit and is difficult to get out? They sure make cool mounts. Again, nice job.
    Jim

8. Yes we used an artificial head that we molded & cast in shop. We also made our own body.

9. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Well done.

10. Tom Maul

Tom Maul Active Member

Cool! I'd be interested to know how one addresses those fleshy talons. Do you just inject? I just imagine a lot of serious shrinkage. yours look very nice, btw. Forgive me if I sound like I'm asking for a lesson.... It's all well done. Please post the finished result before it goes out the door.

11. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

That's cool!!

12. Oh wow! That is stunning!! Thanks for sharing this for us to drool over!!!

13. Wow! Very nice!!! Curious about the talons also.

14. It turned out awesome!

15. nate

nate Active Member

That's really awesome JP. Love it!!

16. Thank you.

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic

17. We molded and cast the head.
    [​IMG]