1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Arp 3-d replica

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Bryan Russell, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Bryan Russell

Bryan Russell Active Member

I'm pretty self sufficient with my molds, but had to buy an Arp blank.
    I had some alterations and sculpting to do, so I put my epoxy work in the sun to help cure it (I do this all the time with my blanks).
    It's only 60 degrees here, and the whole side of the fish buckled severely! I cut an observation hole in the back of the fish to try and determine the problem.
    It was obvious that very thin spots in the plastic from roto casting, also very inconstant thickness in both the plastic and the foam. Very unstable situation.
    Now I have a lot of time in the fish and it's crap...........Anyone ever had this problem? I have a call in to Phil Helms to discuss.

2. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

Never had a problem with one. They will replace it, that's all you can ask.. "Chit" happens sometimes.

3. W
    hat do you use to make a cast for fish

4. 1tahr

1tahr Member

hi I bought a 3d replica and had it sent all the way to new Zealand to use as a centre piece in a coffee table I was horrified . flat sunken areas waste of money .

5. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

I’ve boiled, put them in the oven, used a heat gun, blow dryer etc as ways to alter the bends and shapes of some of the arp blanks and many others and never had a single issue. But yes I have noticed they are very hit and miss wall thickness wise

Sotired likes this.