1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wolf lifesize form question

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Binx390, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Binx390

Binx390 Member

So I am mounting a lifesize wolf and trying to find a form for it. Problem is after rehydrating and taking measurements it's a very small wolf. I've looked at van dykes, McKenzie, seconf2nature and Joe Coombs. All of them are too big. Issue is it has bigger features then a coyote, head width, feet size etc. Altering isn't an issue it's more deciding whether to alter up from a big coyote form or down from a small wolf. Measurements are 4 1/2 X 45 X 24. It isn't a coyote either it is tagged as an AK wolf although, I would say it's more dog like then anything as it's Black and Tan like a malamute.

2. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Its easier to male a form bigger then smaller. Those measurements are that of a big coyote. With a few head and body alterations you can make your wolf fit with no problem. Measuring a skin can easily be overstretched, so I never go bigger on a form unless their is nothing else close.

3. Binx390

Binx390 Member

Thanks bunch for the advice! I've never had anything be this off from a form so I wasn't sure whether to go bigger or smaller. I found a few coyote forms that look like they will match!