1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bad Dealings with Opossum Hunter

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by Eric Williamson, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Its been a long time since I have been taken/cheated on here but Joshua Kerl aka Opossum Hunter got me. I purchased two frozen whole cotton tail rabbits from him and sent the money via Paypal. I did not receive the rabbits as promised so I contacted him via email. I started to question my transactions with him as he wanted to do everything via email and not on taxidermy net. After many attempts for him to make it right he just quit responding to my emails all together. My mistake for not checking here first as he has done this to other people as well. Do not, "DO NOT" have any dealings with this individual. you will not get what you paid for.

2. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Thanks for the heads up. Another seller for my permanent "do no buy from list." File your complaint with paypal and let them deal with him. You have done what you needed to, the ball is in his court now.

3. Hopefully it's still within the time frame to open a claim, and make sure you sent the money via Goods & Services and not friends/family, otherwise Paypal will just say you're shit out of luck. I hope you get your money back from this guy

4. rmann

rmann Member

So if he took the money from you guys, why doesn't he pay the people that sent him stuff very promptly and never paid?
    Now this time Plover Wisconsin, unlike DelRio Texas, (top thread in Bird Taxidermy), is pretty close to me and I may be over there sooner than he thinks, I really dislike this stuff when people try to be nice,

5. Hunts4ducks

Hunts4ducks New Member

So RMann - exactly what would you do if you actually did show up in either location? Most likely nothing cause you are safe right where you are! Shut up tough guy - you ain't going to do shiite!

6. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

New BIG MOUTH in town.

7. Hunts4ducks

Hunts4ducks New Member

No Earl....Just curious if RMann is going to make a THREAT - what exactly does he plan to do? Or is he - like you - just running off at the mouth as usual!?

8. rmann

rmann Member

Wow, that struck a nerve, and not even possum hunter, is that you once again Bobby?, Has no one got to you yet down there?, amazing,
    Wasn't really a threat, would politely talk to Josh, seems like he was a really nice guy I thought, you on the other hand would be no talking to, you have been deranged for some time I believe sad to say,
    No real need to feel safe over any of it either way,
    Thanks for Joshes' concern though,

9. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

HeHeHe, talk about running your mouth.

10. dog sick

dog sick Member

nj.
    he got me on a skunk paid with paypal let paypal know that he stiffed me. then got in touch with capital one gave them every thing now every body looking for him. hope they get him on wire fraud

11. I did use PayPal, services, and they have it for investigation. now i just have to sit and wait for them to return my money.... The bad part of this whole situation is that this -------- will be able to continue to steal from people on this site. Why the Admins do not ban these people is beyond me.....

12. old60furs

old60furs MO buyers license number is 2465. I need your #

I just had an epiphany, Bill Yox and other moderators! Let's have two forums! Or maybe two divisions of this great forum. One section for serious-honest-always-tell-truth-
    forum members and another branch for the folks that really should not be on a here but are trying to make money and be famous without putting in the work! Once a lightweight semi serious pseudo-quasi member has a few dozen legitimate contacts with serious taxidermists or fur buyer or harvesters, they could move out of the lightweight category and join the real world where the hard working honest folks live!

Just an idea!

Marc

By the way; I have had no problems with Possum Hunter. He has been great with me. Communication may not be the secret to life, but it definitely helps folks to be more successful with people who ain't quite like them.

13. I close the story, I received my money back from Paypal....it's wise to use Paypal and to ensure that the person you are dealing with is reputable...look on this forum to make sure.

14. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Glad you got your money back. My opinion is if it makes it to this point where paypal refunds the money (not the seller on their own) they need to be banned as a seller on this forum. That's why if a seller doesn't take paypal 99% of the time I just keep on going unless they have one heck of a good reputation on here.

15. dog sick

dog sick Member

nj.
    How come PayPal don't get the law on him?