1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A Bad Dealing's Poll

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Jims Wildlife Studio, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Have a three strikes your off rule.

34.0%
  2. Continue to let them post for sale.

4.3%
  3. Attach an icon after so many bad dealing's for other to reconize .

87.2%
  1. Jims Wildlife Studio

Jims Wildlife Studio Full Time PA Taxidermist

I was just wondering every one's opion on this. If there's a way to attach an icon to a certain person's shipping address so they would be recognized by all on the site to know who they are dealing with,
    I am sure the would have ton's of way's to get around this but it's just a poll. I have been fortunate
    and have had nothing but good dealing's with every one I have dealt with on here.

2. I too have nothing but good dealings with people on this site.I realize that many have not.I think it would be great if there was a abosolute way to prevent bad dealings.I don't see how it would be possible,even with these three options.

1. With the three strikes rule,what would prevent someone from regestering under a diffferent name or computer?
    2.By attaching a icon to their name im afraid it would be like the karma thing where anyone could post a negative icon to their name.
    3. I would think it would be very hard to police and enforce it, especially on a free bulleten board site.

In this day and age it basically come down to buyer beware.Anyone that frequents this site see's who they can trust or not over a period of time.They should make a list of problem people and not interact with them.Anyone who is going to purchase or trade and is unfamailiar with the party they intend to do business with needs to ask questions.Establish credibility in the other party.Post on here for feedback,ask for references,pictures,experience in what they trying to sell etc.If you ask for references try to find one that you already know has good character.It would be easy to pass of the name of a buddy that of course would give the seller a good reference.If it seems like a really good deal,it probally isn't.Even with all this it is not abosolute.I'm sure the day is coming i will get burned as well,but these precautions will weed out a large percentage of them.We are very fortunete that the owner/administrator of this free site even allows up to sell and trade items on here for FREE.It doesn't seem right he should have to be the police,bad guy, and bill collector too just so we have the privlige to use this site.He has a life too.

3. Fortunately our taxidermy community is not as large as an Ebay community. We know who gets the bad raps around here. The grape vine seems to extend all the way through the state organizations.

4. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

Well having been burned once I would appreciate a icon on the IP addy.. So that the same person cant come back with a new name and start selling again. So like say if Joe Smith owed someone some hides, say he changes his screenname.. WE dont know that he is still Joe Smith.. So I think an IP Icon would be cool Where if they DO change their name, it still sticks on them :) Maybe wishful thinking but sure sounds good to me LOL...

5. RoyalOaksRanch

Wabbit...think about it.. Most people generally use their comp at home.. Yes IM sure some can go somewhere else but most people do their business on their home comp. It wouldnt prevent all spam or scammers, but it would help slow down alot of it.. Its not a fool proof method but it helps. and anything that helps is better than nothing dont you think?
    Ebay has a great system, unfortunately alot of people wont post negative feedback in fear of that person hitting them with a negative. So even THAT system isnt fool proof either. But it does help give an idea how the person conducts their business. .

6. Gina

Gina New Member

You would have to be careful who you gave the icons too. You would have to have a mediator in the argument. Some people, not matter hwo hard you try, are just jerks. You see it on ebay all the time. They are the kind of people you just cant satisfy. But then again, just to avoid such an ugly mark would make those dud who do rip people off not try to sell things here, and others who do would make sure that when they sold, it would be a quality product.......I dont know. Maybe kicking them off after strike 3 would be a good idea....then again, they might just re register. I guess thats why ebay has suck a complicated system to make people happy. I just know that I get nervouse every time I buy something. Or even commit to buy. Its hairy stuff and I dont like to lose money. i so little of it as it is!! I wish there was SOME way to get the problem of the rip offs worked out.....BTW why dont we have a catagory for info on the people who rip you off or the people who have good dealings??? It would be easier to find posts about bad dealers if there was a catagory for sales and perchase transactions whether it be smooth or bad..... ??? :-\

7. RoyalOaksRanch

I agree with Gina,. I think we need an area set up just for bad and good dealings. Because if posted in the For sale or buy section it dissappears after awhile. So you cant go back later and see who is good who is bad...
    Being new to buying I am real leary about sending money to people, specially after the first fiasco LOL.. Some people dont like it but I only pay with paypal and from someone who has references.. Otherwise its like shooting in the dark.. People who only take money orders I avoid.. You really have no easy course of action if they fail to send you your items. Least with Paypal I can file for a refund.

8. Gina

Gina New Member

You can search a persons name in the database and you kind find some stuff, but you have to sift and sift through tons of other posts to get to it. Otherwise, if they changed thier name, you just wont know what your getting. Mayabe we should set it to the Monitors here to put up a catagory in the For Sale Catagory as a sub catagory so you can cross reference other people and thier satisfaction or dissatisfaction....then people can decide for themselves....

9. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

make it mandatory to sell or trade on this site to regiter with a valid email or phone # i see so many of the trouble makers dont have any info available in their profiles . chiken s***s

10. Matt

Matt Active Member

I agree, a sub catagory in the forsale and wanted would be nice to cross reference the person you are dealing with.

11. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

While you are at it,add a category for a$$hole buyers.

12. NICKYG

NICKYG "IS IT ALIVE, OR WAS IT MOUNTED BY GLORIOSO?"

Just give them one of GINA'S BIG JERK BARS, and tell them to SHUT UP!!!! lol lol lol!!!! ;D