1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking for training

Discussion in 'Training' started by pir^2h, Apr 7, 2017.

1. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I am looking to get some one-on-one training on medium mammals: fox, bobcat, and coyote size. I live in Northeast Tennessee but I cannot travel an excessive distance so I am limited to Southwest Virginia, Western North Carolina, East Tennessee and maybe Southeastern Kentucky

I am only a hobbyist and plan to stay that way! I'm a high school teacher so any training has to be during the summer in either June or July (We return back to school here in my district the last week of July). I have foxes and bobcats frozen whole (acquired this past winter) and a life size coyote skin (raw) I have had for a couple years in my freezer in a sealed bag.

I am not looking for an apprenticeship or a free ride; just serious training. PM me if you are interested in taking me on!

2. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed Vic. Why not fish? :)

3. pir^2h

LOL. Sorry Marty, I just don't care for fish! I tried fish once upon a time and my mounts were horrible. (Not that my mammals are all that by any means but...) Couldn't paint them worth a flip either. Maybe one day I might again.

4. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

Did You ever find a place? I have a class coming up Aug 7-13. Two spots available and a place to stay.

5. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

Just saw you go back to teaching in Aug. I do have a One on One opening for July 17th however.

6. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

You probably didn't give it enough time. I'm glad I don't have any of my starter fish around. The painting takes time.

7. pir^2h

I had someone lined up but due to other issues the trainer cancelled. It was legit and I was refunded my deposit. The problem here is I had several other things this summer planned around the dates we set up. Life gets into the way of things by no fault of your own sometimes. I guess I will go at it alone the best I can that week.

You are probably right Cecil. Being the spouse of a teacher you know how much free time (LOL) we have to pursue things unrelated to educating our students!

8. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

LOL What free time? It's even worse for a foreign language teacher that keeps revising her lesson plans and takes students to Germany every other year!