1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lost/Stolen Whitetail Deer Antlers - PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Wolverine22, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Wolverine22

Wolverine22 New Member

Hey everyone, just a stab in the dark but if you can keep you eyes open and share this picture, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am really thankful for the support from the hunting community thus far.

The rumour is the taxidermist illegally sold his clients' trophies and mine happened to be one of them. It really could be anywhere. Thanks for the support!

Attached Files:

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    If I'm not mistaken, that person recently died, so he may not be responsible for the sale of the antlers. I wish you luck.

3. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

I'm sure you've thought it already but when I had antlers stolen from me I actually found them for sale on eBay. They were already sold and shipped to California in but after a while I was able to recover them. I would definitely check and see if they're for sale there if I were you.

4. Wolverine22

Wolverine22 New Member

Alex did pass away in January. All of the trophies in his possession were searched through and my antlers weren't there. It is impossible to know what exactly happened to them or when it occurred. There was never a report of a break in so this leads me to suspect there was foul play by the taxidermist himself. Fish and Wildlife are continuing an investigation because there are many trophies missing/unaccounted for, not just mine. I have and will continue to check sites like eBay but he could have sold it 2 years ago, which makes those searches difficult. I dropped my deer off at his shop on November 22 2013 and I have not seen it since. Any other suggestions of places to look or to post the picture are also greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help everyone! Please pass this picture around. Fingers crossed!

5. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

send this picture to moscow hide and fur

6. Steve Von Hagen

Steve Von Hagen New Member

Wolverine 22...I operate a shop in SK, & with the intent of re-establishing your trust within the taxidermists of Western Canada I offer to mount your next deer head for you at no charge. Hopefully it is this one!! I can provide as many references as you might require. We'll keep our eyes & ears peeled for ya over here! Good luck man! svh

Steve Von Hagen
    Team Tundra Wildlife Artists
    306-842-5010
    [email protected]

7. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

You might want to try checking with Alberta fish and wildlife based on this news clip.

http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/death-of-taxidermist-leaves-a-big-mess-for-family-1.3262204

Hope you find your deer.

I had several conversations with Alex over the years and considered him a friend. I just found out about his passing via your post.

8. Wolverine22

Wolverine22 New Member

Steve: thanks a ton, that really means a lot. I'm staying positive about finding my deer and as soon as I do, we will be in touch!

txoutdoors: That is me on the news. It was amazing how many people didn't know about Alex's passing until that hit the tv. Unfortunately, many trophies are missing. Not just mine. Yes I would like to find my deer but more than anything I want to prevent this situation from happening to anyone in the future.

Thanks everyone for your replies! Please keep sharing this picture!

-Logan

9. Wolverine22

Wolverine22 New Member

Does anyone know any other websites or businesses that I can send this picture to? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    Logan

10. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Wolverine
    If you have a B+C score sheet and photos of the antlers a good repro sculpture artist can reproduce them almost exact.
    I know Steve since the 70's / 80's and you will be in good hands.

11. Wolverine22

Wolverine22 New Member

I didn't even have the chance to get it officially scored. I looked into getting antlers made but it was A LOT of money. Hoping for a little luck.

12. Wolverine22

Wolverine22 New Member

If anyone else has any good avenues to share this, please let me know! Thanks!