1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Northern New England Taxidermy Championship : Sponsored by MAT

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Tims, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Tims

Tims B&C Moose Daughter shot at age 10

Show will held at the Jordan hotel in Newery Maine on August 4th - 6th. We have assembled yet another all star lineup of judges. Keep up to date on our website or FB page. Show up if you dare.
    Jeff Mourning - Fish
    Bill Yox - Whitetail
    Kevin Libby - Mammals
    Matt Smith - Birds

www.facebook.com/MaineAssociationOfTaxidermists/

www.mainetaxidermy.org/

2. Tims

Ttt

3. kittydogg

kittydogg New Member

The show is shaping up to be another success.

4. sterling

sterling My son and my 2011 Moose

Been working on my pc. for the show. It should be a great time as always, with some fantastic judges.

5. CCarlson

CCarlson Member

Looking forward to it !

6. kittydogg

kittydogg New Member

Matt Smith of Texas will be holding a bonus seminar on Thursday August 3rd at the MAT convention. In the seminar participants will mount thier own bird along with Matt. Participants are asked to bring their own bird skin already prepped (skun, defatted and washed) in order to keep the costs low for this seminar participants are asked to bring their own bird body, head and eyes. Please bring a mounting stand as well.

The cost for the seminar is $100.00. a $50.00 deposit is required to hold a seat.

Please contact MAT president Paul Reynolds for registration and any questions at 207-229-6012

7. kittydogg

kittydogg New Member

Learning Molding and Casting for today’s Taxidermist with Instructor Rick Krane!

Hey fellow Members of the Maine Taxidermy Association and friends around New England and Canada! As a full-time instructor of Anglers Artistry and a proud supporter of the M.A.T, I want to share an opportunity you can typically only get if you take a private one on one workshop. It is my great privilege to teach taxidermy and advance techniques that help folks reach their goals in competition, business and for their own personal satisfaction! This 1 ½ day workshop will be a Molding and Casting workshop that will take you into the world of today’s taxidermy goals you want to reach! I’m Rick Krane join me for this jammed packed day and half workshop! I’ll see you at the Northern New England Championships!

This is not a fish only seminar but open to all taxidermists! Product review and overviews on what to use and when to use it! There will be free product give away, a drawing for participants only and a special M.A.T discount program for participates only!

What you need to bring: notebook, camera, and lots of questions! Making more money by being more efficient is the goal for all of us, so let me share with you 30 years of experience molding and casting! You will learn the how’s and the whys of molding and casting along with silicone and urethane with the best methods to get you comfortable working with today’s products! There will be hands on opportunities throughout the 1 ½ days of this workshop!

Bird Taxidermy: ever want to mold a head? how about an open mouth you can open and close…Turkey head... we’ll cover lots of useful ways to mold and cast! We will cover for the Bird Taxidermists head molding and leg and feet molding using techniques that you find very useful saving you both time and money all while producing incredible end results!

Mammal Taxidermy: making your own parts will save you time and money as well give you an edge for competition! Let’s look at serval ways you can make molds for parts that you currently buy or would like to make for your client work of for competitions!

Habitat Molding and casting will be covered as well! How to make rocks and paint them too!

Last but to least Fish Taxidermy! Head molding fin molding and casting! We will cover how to make body molds as well!

I can’t wait to share this information with you! I’ll see you there Thursday 9-5 and Friday 8-Noon! What a great show and this will be a great opportunity for you to learn about molding and casting!

Cost for the 1 ½ day workshop will be 250.00 per participant. A deposit of $100.00 will be required to attend this event. This will be a great value for anyone looking to learn of wanting to learn more about molding and casting!

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry

Cost for the 1 ½ day workshop will be 250.00 per participant. A deposit of $100.00 will be required to attend this event. This will be a great value for any one looking to learn of wanting to learn more about molding and casting!

8. Tims

Who would want to miss this All star line up.
    So a recap of the amazing seminars starting 8/3 is a day and half with Rick Krane doing some of the latest molding and casting techniques. Also a full day with Matt Smith on birds. Then 8/4 we have Bill Yox with deciphering reference, competition tips and techniques. As well as Kevin Libby with building rock habitats. We wrap the days with a round table discussion with all the Judges. 8/5 gets kicked off by Jeff Mourning with composition and design. Then finally Matt Smith seminar with competition eye rings, tips and techniques. McKenzie will be the main vendor this year offering there show discount to members. The Auction WOW is shaping up to be our biggest to date. Thank you to all that have donated. We have opened a new Category as well to include all forms of wildlife artwork from wood carving, paintings, rouge taxidermy, metal crafts so if about wildlife its in. We will have a few new awards this year as well. Time is ticking get those pieces finished up and head up to Maine for a great time.

9. sterling

A little more than a month to go. Pre-registration for membership and registration is a big help amd great;u appreciated. If you decide to become a Maine member and pre-register you can do so one of 2 ways. A visit to Maine Associations of Taxidermists web page: https://www.mainetaxidermy.org/ or

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MaineAssociationOfTaxidermists/

Pete

10. Tims

Thank you all to all that have pre-registered for the show. If you haven't yet please do. We have, as always amazing judges, we even will have a past judge competing this year. All members from our past shows always say this is one of the best shows they have been to. So make a trip to vacation land and enjoy all our show has to offer.

Thank you

11. Tims

More good news. Check this out.
    https://www.facebook.com/221154961249008/photos/a.448412218523280.100966.221154961249008/1555048594526298/?type=3

12. kittydogg

kittydogg New Member

[​IMG]

Congratulations to Matt Smith Nta's newest National Champion Waterfowl taxidermist.
    Don't miss the chance for a class with Matt at the upcoming Show. A few seats are left contact president Paul Reynolds at 207. 229.6012 for registration.

13. sterling

Less than two weeks away and things are looking great for another years show. Fantastic judges from all over the Country and some superb Taxidermy talent from all over as well. Looking forward to seeing friends and gaining knowledge from some of the best judges to be had.

Just a few mounts from last years show.

[​IMG]

14. CCarlson

CCarlson Member

Hope everyone's competition pieces are coming together! Just a little over a week and its go time!

15. Richard C

Richard C Active Member

I have been to many many shows, state ,regional, nta and world and this location is great . Very relaxing and scenic and safe and a great hotel and food. See ya there.

16. sterling

We had another fantastic show this year, greatly in part due to the all star line-up of Judges. Kevin Libby, Jeff Mourning, Matt Smith, Bill Yox and guest judge Laura Zerra. They all took time out of their busy schedules to come to Maine to help us out and share their wealth of knowledge. Thank you!!

We must also thank our great friend Fred Bird from the NWTF, who has been a part of our shows for 3 years now and has always worked very hard to help us raise money for the organization and this year do a fantastic job being our MC.

Thank you to all those great sponsors/donors/Vendors/Award Sponsors: The Wildlife Gallery, McKenzie, Research Manninkins, Robins Nest Animal rugs, Matuska, NWTF, East Coast Tanneries, North Carolina Tannery, Archie Philips, Napa, Tohickon, Van Dykes, Star Fish, Walnut Hollow, Walnut Creek, Pro 1, Rick Krane(Anglers Artistry), Dale Manning and if I have forgot any others.; MAT members who read this please add.

Last but not least, Thank you to our long time friend and Mentor Richard Christoforo and his wife Linda for always supporting us and passing his knowlege and advise along. Congratulations to Richard, who was inducted this year into the Maine Association of Taxidermist's Hall of fame. A few picture of our friends below. Thank you, Pete and MAT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A better picture of Bill hard at work!

[​IMG]

17. Richard C

Richard C Active Member

Thank you to all those that voted for me to receive this Hall of Fame 2017 award. I was extremely surprised and for once in my life I was at a loss for words. Thanks to all again.
    This was another great show at a great location . Great judges and seminars. Big improvement in quality of entries .
    Congrats to all winners , especially Alex with his Bobcat and Snowshoe hare all balancing on the hares front leg , and to Sonny for bringing the two Dingo's . The King salmon , Herrings , Harlequins and King Eiders ,Coyote pup ,Turkeys all great just too many to mention, and don't forget the 71/2 pound Eastern Chain Pickerel , largest I have ever seen.
    Thanks again guys and see you next year or sooner.

18. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Its always flattering to be asked to judge, and its always so nice to be among friends. Thank you to the Maine taxidermy family for making me, and the rest, feel so much a part of your event. The lobstah was just as I remember it. Congrats to all the winners. Kudos to all who worked so hard to made the show happen. Thanks also to my fellow judges. And inducting Richard Christoforo into your HoF was fantastic, I was so glad to be there to see. Its was an added bonus to run into Forest Hart, who I hadnt seen in many years. Thank you to everyone.

19. wings II

wings II New Member

A huge Thanks to the Maine Association for asking us to judge such beautiful work. I was so happy to be in attendance when Richard Christoforo was inducted into your Hall of Fame. Forest Hart was also very gracious to attend my seminar. Both very inspirational Taxidermists. Special thanks to Paul Reynolds and the board for all their hard work and also to Bill Yox for his help and insight. If you get a chance you should definitely attend this show in such a beautiful state. www.MaineAssociationofTaxidermists.com - Matt