1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ticks! How to fix?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by True Texan, Apr 13, 2017.

1. True Texan

True Texan Member

I have tried to search it but couldn't find anything. I have a cape that has about 20+ bald patches from tick damage. In the past if it was 2 or 3 holes I would cut them out and sew. With this many spots I'm afraid it will show through, especially cause there are multiple spots in the high brisket area. What would you do?

2. mopsrdrawer67

mopsrdrawer67 Member

20+ bald spots? I would recape it.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Yep, what mopsrdrawer67 said.

4. True Texan

True Texan Member

I agree but this cape has a deep red tint to it and would be hard to find a replacement cape. I have gotten deer in from the area and this one is unique. The bald spots are about dime size. Thanks for the replies.

5. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

I would talk to your client and get his input. That many repairs may altar cape and hair patterns. Painting may be hard to hide them all. Kyle Lakey has a reddish WT cape for sale...just in case.

6. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

This sounds like a problem that someone else has given you to work miracles on Twenty "dime sized" spots is simply too large a mass without ending up with a skinny necked deer. Perhaps it IS a unique color pattern, but it's screwed up. If we could all grow hair on demand, few of us would be piddling around doing taxidermy when we could own Hairclub for Men.

7. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Post a picture, that would help.

8. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

SO VERY TRUE HA HA HA