1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Columbia Blacktail Deer, Rocky and Rosey Elk Capes. Updated 5/11/17

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Michelle_Nelson, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

I do my absolute best to list any minor/major flaws I find, but I am human and I may have over looked a few. Expect normal repair work such as bullet holes and minor skinning cuts even if they are not listed. I don't save Capes unless I am willing and able to make the repairs and use them on my customers mounts.

My capes will NOT come with big chunks or thick flesh left on the lips, nose, and around the eye. I take my time when prepping my capes for the salt and tannery. There should be minimal face prep work on these capes.

Normally I post pictures of the capes I'm selling (refer to my other For Sale posts). The reason I haven't today, I just haven't had time to thaw them all and get pictures. I am going off the detailed notes I took after they came back from the tannery and I test fit and sized them before freezing.

ALL Capes are WET TANNED and FROZEN unless stated otherwise.

If you have questions Please ask me!

You can either Message me on here, E-mail me ( [email protected] ), or call me (360) 704 - 0034. If you call and I don't answer please leave a message and I will get back to you.

----------------------------------------

#205. . . . Rocky Mountain Elk Cape. 11 3/4" -12" Eye to Nose, 28"-29" Neck. Wet Tanned! Pedestal Length (Middle of October Hair)

No notes on this cape which usually means minor repairs such as bullet holes and possibly minor skinning cuts.

Asking $275. . . INCLUDES Shipping (lower 48)
    ------------------------------------------------

#195. . . . Roosevelt Elk Cape. 11 3/4" x 28" Neck. Wet Tanned! Pedestal Length (Middle of September Hair)

No notes on this cape which means minor repairs such as bullet holes and possibly minor skinning cuts.

Asking $275. . . INCLUDES Shipping (lower 48)
    -----------------------------------------------------

SOLD #215. . . . Roosevelt Elk Cape. 12 1/4" Eye to Nose X 31"-32" Neck. Pedestal Length (Early November Hair)

* Cape did not come off of a Bull with tons of mass.
    * Has roughly a 3"x3" rub on upper leg (easy repair).
    * The tip of one ear is split along the edge. Might be 1 1/2" in length (easy fix)
    * This cape has a several minor skinning cuts (easy fix)

Asking $345 INCLUDES Shipping. (lower 48)
    ------------------------------------------------------------

SOLD #422. . . . Columbia Blacktail Deer
    . 19"-20" behind ears, X 22"-23" swell (22nd of October Hair) NOT Pedestal length but will definitely fit a shoulder form.

*My notes said tested on a 240 Series Research BT Form.
    *Half dozen small rubs/fight marks on front of neck (repairable), it's minor hair damage. One looks like a small slippage spot, I looked it over good and no additional hair was coming out (repairable). I doubt I would repair most of the rubs myself.
    *Brisket split 6-8" may not need to sew up that much (depending on form used)
    *Couple holes to se#2w (easy)
    *3"x3" Double White Patch
    *LT & RT Ear tip of ear has 3\8" split (easy fix) each ear has a couple 1/16" and 1/8" nicks

Asking $160. . . INCLUDES Shipping (lower 48)

2. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

Still have 2 Elk Capes availible. Would like toget these out of my freezer.