1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Suspicious email?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Cecil, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Anybody else get this email? I find the email [email protected] very odd for a legitimate person.

I did NOT click on the link or reply. Specialize in fish anyway.

Thoughts?

Taxidermist Needed For My Black Bear1 message
    Unknown person
    To: Cecil Julianne Baird
    Reply To: [email protected]
    April 26, 2017 10:27 PM
    Dear Sir/Ma,

My name is Jackson how are you doing today and i hope your business is going on fine, I have a Black Bear that i want to mount. The Bear measures from tip of nose 5ft 4inches. weight 250 pounds also it's already tanned and skinned. All the necessary documents will be deliver to you with the tag and the hunter license copy, i want a standing bear with 4 legs stand and mouth open with habitat around it.

Click Here to view the sample picture of how i want it to be mount and quote me the price.

Thanks

2. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Their Grammar is a red flag and the bear scam has been around for years

3. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Thanks Duxrus. I knew something wasn't right.

4. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

the stupid thing is no one would ever send out any email looking for a taxidermist.. they would check in their own local city or town. any email from anyone on this type of subject is a scam.

5. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

I got that email today also.

6. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I don't totally agree. I've had people email me that saw my website that were legit.

7. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

I personally get a phone call before I get an email

8. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Lol - yeah I got that too.

Doing fish only I'm sure has something to do with it since it's relatively easy to ship fish. But, I get just as many email requests for work as I do phone calls. However, percentage-wise a larger portion of the phone calls are "wins" vs emails. More shoppers via email coming thru website. The key to getting a lot of hits via email is having a website that gets high hits. Not to state the obvious...

9. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

I got the exact same one, SCAM !