1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Reusing Rittles Super Solvent

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by whitetail89, Apr 29, 2017.

1. whitetail89

whitetail89 New Member

Can you reuse the SS? I have a 5 gallons mixed up and only degreased a few coons and some rats and mink in it. I am really low on degreaser and am in a pinch for time otherwise i would just make a new batch.

2. Bruce_Rittel

Bruce_Rittel Consultant Services

I've always used it successfully - but considered it a 1 Shot deal! Afterwards I've always dumped it because now it also contains the Fat or Grease you've removed from the previous furs or hairskins! I can't recommend reusing it again!

Bruce Rittel

3. whitetail89

whitetail89 New Member

Thanks Bruce, i been using all your products for tanning all my hides for sometime now and am satisfied with the results and will continue using them. I did reuse the solution and it seemed to work fine. I only degreased 2 coons and a few mink and rats in it and the water had just a hint of a tan color so i figured it would work for a few more. I put in 3 more coon and after taking thoes out the water it was very dirty and wont be reusing that 5 gallon mix anymore.

4. Wecksings

Wecksings New Member

I want to be the best I have to do it anyway.