1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Joe Meer Eyes... did they go cheap on me?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by 8Point, May 1, 2017.

1. 8Point

8Point New Member

I ordered some more Meder whitetail eyes the other day from McKenzie for the last of my deer this year. In looking at them it appears that they are painted with worse quality than what I am used to seeing..... almost like they tried to cheapen them up or something..... has anyone else noticed a difference? Maybe I just got a bad batch or something....

2. dcooper

dcooper Member

I've gone through 50+ pairs so far and haven't noticed any problems with the painting, but the pupil location can be just about anywhere. Not sure what is going on with that lately.

3. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

Just got 2 pair 2 weeks ago and mine were fine

4. Whitetail906

Whitetail906 New Member

I've used them in all my deer mounts, and haven't noticed anything out of the normal on mine. I keep a stock on both 32MM dark & medium and haven't seen or noticed anything unusual with the paint.

5. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Most of the time its the so called eye set ready forms, most are not even close to be even on each side with the angles.

6. dcooper

dcooper Member

Paul, I agree with you on that but the problem I've been noticing is the pupil can be located dead set in the middle for one eye but the other can be located above/below level on the next. Not to mention forward/back.

7. You need to buy them straight from Tohikon, they are better.

8. 8Point

8Point New Member

Thanks Mark.

9. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

THIS

10. Gurneyjockey

Gurneyjockey Member

I noticed the same thing as you 8point. I ordered 40pairs around the end of may of 32 and 34 dark, and the paint quality was considerably lower quality than any I had received in the past. Really grainy and just fake looking. I won't be ordering that many of them from mckenzies if they stay that way