1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First trout ive ever done

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Mudbat, May 3, 2017.

1. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Figured id go for broke and go after a brookie. 15.5 in arp replica.
    Please let me know what sucks and could be done better! There are alot of metalic colors that my iphone isnt picking up well which stink but what can i do.

2. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Id love to put up photos but it keeps telling me the file size is to big on ever photo on my phone

3. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=425940974425400&id=413139179038913

4. Looks really good for your first, but then I don't do fish. I'm glad you were able to figure out how to post pictures.

5. mopsrdrawer67

mopsrdrawer67 Member

Good first fish. Next time try to fade patterns from top to bottom a little more. And in my opinion, a cold water fish should have a very glossy final coat. Yours looks a little flat.

6. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Thanks! Having a tough time with photos because im using a iphone and finding they look different in person vs photo. Driving me nuts. Its got 7 coats of gloss. Im finding the phone camera doesnt pick up certain details and makes colors look more stark and flatter then in person. Any recomendations?

7. not bad for a first,, but use more Referance,, your way off on a lot of things,

8. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Such as???? It would be helpful to know what im way off on.
    This was a trout caught in northern lower michigan out of a pond off the little manistee. Was quite surprised to catch it actually specially at that size for this area

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Missing red dots and blue halos?

[​IMG]

Here's some more reference pics from the brooks I raise:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I have a pic of one with really intense colors but photobucket is acting up again.

12. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Thanks cecil! The halos are in there you just to blow up a photo. The camera and lighting kinda stinks. Anyway thank you all for let me know what needs to be improved upon!

13. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

O.K. sorry I can see them now!

14. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

What the age in those brookies?! We dont get them near that size in this oart of michigan. Well atleast not wild we dont

15. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Three years old. Most brook trout except those in northern Canada don't live longer than 3 years or 4 years

My fish are well fed and unfortunately I'm stuck with a feed that is probably too high in carbohydrates which creates fat. And I actually feed 1/2 of the recommended level!

16. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Hey cecil
    That looks like the one im putting together now
    Carl

17. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Probably!