1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First state record mount

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by bradblank, May 3, 2017.

1. bradblank

bradblank Member

I got the pleasure of mounting my first state record animal. Very thick skinned old warrior of a fox. The customer wanted the exact set he trapped him in so I used the same trap and dug the same holes he had his lure in. A fun mount for sure

Attached Files:

2. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Very nice

3. BrianHendricks

BrianHendricks Member

Nice job ! Beautiful colors ! Curious though, never heard of state records for fur bearers and I've been trapping for many, many years. What makes it a record ?

4. bradblank

bradblank Member

The weight makes him the state record. Heaviest ever recorded in Missouri. He actually had one tooth left up front and his back teeth were wore to the gums and skin was as thick as a coyote. I used my Dakota to flesh him he was so old and tough.

5. bradblank

bradblank Member

I used one of your forms also Brian with some modifications they mount up great.

6. BrianHendricks

BrianHendricks Member

I thought that's what you did. Thank you ! Being up north (Michigan) , I've caught a few that size but nothing that old. That's cool that they recognize fur bearers.

7. That is a really cool mount! Do you mind telling me where he was caught? I live in Missouri to.

8. Brian

Brian Active Member

Cool mount.i too never heard of a state that has a record category for fur bearers.

I just googled Missouri fur bearer records.ill be damned.thats cool your state does that.congrats

9. bradblank

bradblank Member

Yea it's pretty cool he was caught in northeast Missouri

10. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

nice fox....probably came in to set from behind though...haha

11. BrianHendricks

BrianHendricks Member

Lol ! Yeah, good chance of it !

12. Rhino

Rhino Too many irons in the fire will put the fire out!

Beautiful piece!

13. I'm located in NW Iowa and did the Missouri state record red fox a year ago.

Attached Files:

14. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Beautiful mount

15. bradblank

bradblank Member

Lol yea he prolly did come in from behind that's a nice red I'm mounting the state record skunk and muskrat now