1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How to kill 25 farm turkeys

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by R.J. Meyer II, May 4, 2017.

1. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

Have a lady in town who wants to kill 25 Heritage turkeys to ship to a taxidermy school. Any Ideas ??

2. uae BB gun to the head,

3. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Shotgun

4. vic h

vic h Active Member

Tell them the truth.... that you are sending them to taxidermy school, they'll die of fright! Problem solved!

Vic

5. Brian

Brian Active Member

Syringe filled with acetone
    Right to the base of the head

6. kojak

kojak Active Member

Easyest way is to inject 1cc of alcohol in to the brain. Best location to inject is at the base of the skull.
    Hold the head facing down and feel for the soft spot at the base of the skull and insert needle angling upward slightly.
    When you hit the right spot the head will jerk slightly. Inject and the bird will go down immediately. You will get a little muscle convolutions. This is the quickest and most human way I know of to put down a bird of any size.
    Any questions feel free to give me a call at 715-570-8555.
    Hope this helps you,
    Leroy

7. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho
    Electrocute them. I would say to use the orange search button, but that would date me. But seriously search it . I'm pretty sure George made a post on it some time in the past. I bought some birds from a breeder years ago that uses this method and it's quick and humane in my opinion. One lead to the vent and one to the fleshy part of the beak and flip the switch.

Good luck.

8. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

run them into garage....start car.....shut the doors and wait for the car to run out of gas

9. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    .177 pellet to the head

10. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Tie them up by the legs, electrocute them for 10 seconds with a split lamp cord tipped with 2 alligator clips (clip one to the side of the mouth, one to the vent) bleed them out with a knife inserted through the mouth and sliced across the back of the throat. (wont damage the head skin)
    It's fast, humane, and leaves a clean carcass with perfectly edible meat.