1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My loss. Who would like to gander at a guess?

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Sea Wolf, May 5, 2017.

1. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

These were at an auction that I failed to go to. I wanted to .. chose not to because I didn't want to blow a chunk of change (and I would have). I have my guesses about a couple of them. Anyone else care to venture?

Really nice Alligator Snapper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I have little knowledge but I'll guess leopard, lynx and lioness

3. One of the cats is a Cheetah for sure. :u The flat face screams Cheetah.

4. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I thought of that after I posted. it would make more sense.

5. cooperevans001

cooperevans001 Member

What kind of auction was it? Those are some really nice big cat skulls.

6. Sea Wolf

Yeah it does ... And I'm going to kick myself forever for not making an attempt to get it.

7. Sea Wolf

It was a regular auction. Live auction with a crowd of people.

8. cooperevans001

cooperevans001 Member

Those are beautiful skulls. My guess would be Aftican Lions and Bengal Tigers. One cheeta too.

9. What did they sell for?

10. Sea Wolf

Still waiting on a response for what the realized price was for them. Might not get one though.

11. Imo I'd bet the "cheetah" is really a large cougar... take a look at the cheetah on Boneclones site - skull is smaller with a much more delicate build + little dinky teeth (compared to most other cats). Seawolf I don't think you really lost out on what you thought you did. I could be wrong but I'd bet on that being a cougar. BTW, if I had been there I'd have tried for the tiger. That's something I'd jump on if I could find one for sale in my own state.

12. Sea Wolf

If I remember correctly, I think this was in Maryland. Could be right about the "cheetah". Didn't think about comparing to BC. That was the only pic that I had of that one. Hard to see the teeth. But you are right about the other. :)