1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA - A New Chapter Of The Same Story

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by John Janelli, May 5, 2017.

1. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Since Fred Vanderburgh had called me last January with regard to the NTA logo requiring written permission to use, as if he was the last recipient of the industry's Nobel Peace Prize, much has happened that I feel compelled to have you, the industry, judge for yourselves to see how unscrupulous some of the officers of the NTA, under the direction of a man who has an insatiable desire to hurt, crush and maim anyone he feels is in his way of the perverted attention he requires to spawn from.
    On January 24, 2017 @ 10:AM - EST, Fred and I (not the NTA, not an official request or demand) shared several PM's as in Private Messages here on Taxidermy.Net that verbatim said the following;

"Fred, to avoid any future confrontations between you, the NTA and myself, please consider refunding our $750.00 lifetime family membership an that of our daughter Angela and her husband Tony both of the same address here. I understand that you just cannot let go and by now I'm sure you realize that I'm not willing to give up anything either. So please just send us a check for $1500.00 and we're out of each other's lives forever. All rights to the logo or whatever else the bylaws states will be forfeited by us once and for all. My name can be stricken for all time to come from past president roster to membership lists. Maybe then, the NTA Police will rest easier in knowing that JJ will never rear his ugly head. It would be best for everyone concerned."
    John Janelli
    (To which Fred Vanderbugh never responded or replied to.)
    Within 10 hours of the same day on January 24, 2017 @ 9:10:26, after receiving a thank you text from Michelle Burkholder for "deleting such damaging comments about the NTA on taxidermy.net" and after acknowledging in fact that she was personally told about Fred's PM from me, she never mentioned a single word about the interpretation of that Private Message as being misconstrued as an official resignation. In fact, the second PM from me to Fred was never shown to the Board of Directors either;

"Please disregard previous PM with regard to NTA / JJ.
    FYI: I deleted my posts as well."

(Again, no response or reply from Fred Vanderburgh)
    Be this as it may, all has been quiet since on or about April 22 of this year, I have been officially, respectfully and politely asking Tim Thacker via email, text message and oh yes, even by Private Message via Taxidermy.Net to the NTA representative and /or Tim Thacker as well, to send me a copy of the contract between himself and the NTA. Tim has yet to respond to this simple request, yet he calls himself HMFIC nowadays, his words, not mine. They take a PM from yours truly and twist it to fit their corrupted agenda, yet a PM from a past president goes completely ignored when requesting a contract completely within the rights of any member as per 501-C6 organizations must acknowledge. Sound familiar? In an email from Ms. Burkholder last night, I was informed that the attorney, who ever it maybe is anyone's guess, advised the BOD not to relinquish the contract to me because in her own words;

"...there is absolutely nothing corrupt or illegal about Tims
    contract with the Board, we were also legally advised that you have no rights to a copy. Mainly because you are trying to cause problem for the NTA where there is none."

I never thought I'd see the day when those words would ever come from yet another president or an attorney who backed the wrong horse. Bottom line, I strongly encourage all NTA Lifetime Family members to first ask a for a copy of the executive office contract, and then suggest to Fred Vanderburgh in a Private Message on taxidermy.net for a refund of your payment. Because a precedence has now been started that will make Pandora's Box seem like a house made of cards in a Chicago wind storm.

This is the letter that was sent with two separate refund checks;

May 1, 2017
    John Janelli
    1400 Central Ave.
    Union City, NJ 07087
    Re; Resignation of NTA Memberships
    John,
    After careful thought and consideration the NTA Board of Directors accepts your resignation as a Life Family Member, along with your daughter and her husband's Life Family Membership, as asked for in your email dated January 24, 2017 10:00 AM (enclosed).
    The NTA Board granted a one time exception to NTA Bylaws to refund to you and Carol Janelli, Angela and Tony Rossillo, the cost of your life family memberships. You will receive two checks in the amount of $750.00 each for two NTA Life Family Membership costs. As stated in the NTA bylaws, your resignation/withdrawal was accepted and the said member will loose all membership benefits and rights (effective on the date it was received) The NTA Board also believes this will be the best for everyone concerned.

Respectfully,
    (signed)
    Michelle Burkholder - NTA President
    cc: National Taxidermists Board of Directors

My daughter has always had her own convictions for leaving the NTA of which I support 100%. Thus, she readily accepted her refund check of $750.00 lifetime family membership. On the other hand, I am not accepting nor depositing the refund check I received based upon the illegal and preposterous ways it was handled.
    John Janelli
    NTA Past President

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    John, help me get this straight here. You asked for a refund and you received it, now you won't accept it. If you are done with the NTA, Why not?

3. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Fred has resigned his board position more times than a summer bird has pin feathers. What was said in a Private Message was in an argument. I never sent an official statement to headquarters (Tim's house) asking for a refund, but I did send an official statement to the heads in charge for Tim's contract. Funny how that one never got the same 'service' that a PM did. I am done with the NTA, but never its members, never. This is not the first time they violated bylaws either to get rid of a 'malcontent'. Show me the email Michelle states I sent...show me the email my daughter sent for that matter. If this is done as it is now, no member is safe to ask questions as we will all be judged as potential trouble makers in their eyes now. Just post the contract the same way Tim Thacker posted all the contracts from a previous executive administration. Why did they wait so long to act upon this anyway? Why didn't the checks come from the NTA attorney as they should have been? The PM was not the issue, they knew it WAS NOT the issue. The contract was the issue, and until I started to demand Tim's contract this would never have happened. They tried to buy me out on this one, it didn't work. I only wish I knew who the other person was that got a refund check considering they only violated their own bylaws "this one time" for me. Thanks for asking just the same.
    John Janelli
    NTA Past President

4. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Many moons ago, some friends and I drove to mountains for some trout fishing. I was a riding shotgun. My friend was driving like a jerk and I dont remember the exact conversation/arguement, but I said something along the lines of "stop the #*$× car, I'd rather walk"

Guess what, he stopped the car. Now, I got to get out. I was 60 miles from home. Im thumbing, dressed in hip waders, fishing vest carrying a rod. Would you pick me up?
    Amazingly after maybe 45 minutes of walking, a guy I knew saw me and stopped. However, as I was getting in, a car came over the hill and he took off before I was completely in the car.
    I ended up slamming the door and chopped about a foot off an expensive rod.

Moral of my story: I should not have let my mouth write checks my azz couldn't cash.

5. They NTA offered my $500. lifetime membership. But I was also to never mention the corruption of Fred and the rest of the board.

Hell know you cannot buy my silence. I see that as a bribe. So without NOTIFICATION and I ask for the minutes of the meeting. They voted me out. (Just like the Crains would do if someone ask for financial statements.

I was setup, voted off the board without being allowed to present my PROOF that someone hacked my face book page.
    I was traveling on I-40 following Mitch Webb to Gatlinberg. At that time all I had was a flip phone, that alone was proof someone hacked my facebook page.

Fred also during a phone board meeting threatened me with bodily harm. Then he raise hell with Janna, about putting it in the minutes.

Now let us move to the treasurers report in Gatlinberg, $65,000, USD was not listed on the treasurers report. I ask about it and was told "OH, its in the bank." I ask where is that Bank statement?" "Do not worry about it was the reply from Fred.

I refused to approve the financial report. I explained to the board we were responsible for that money to the members.

So off into executive session where Fred had proof of a post on face book. I never made the post and he source was just a single picture.

I also said we did not need the Executive advisors. Fred, Larry Bloomeqist and Mike Orraoplo. The three did nothign for the board. It was already planned to get me out of the way because I ask questions and stand up for the members.

Then here it was a couple years later comes the bribe to give me my $500. and never let the NTA or corrupt board members name pass my lips again.

KISS MY REAR END. NTA.

6. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    First Request: No Response

To: [email protected]
    Sent: 4/22/2017 3:04:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
    Subj: Your Contract

Hello Tim,

Please take the time to forward me the Contract between the NTA and yourself with regard to whatever job descriptions, stipends and or payment fees may be included.

Thank you,

John Janelli
    NTA Past President

****************************************************************************************
    Second Request: No Response

Sent: 4/25/2017 3:50:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
    Subj: Contract Request

Dear Tim,
    How come when the shoe was on the other foot, you made more noise at the injustices of the NTA than anyone else who DID NOT have a dog in that hunt. And now, it seems like dejavu all over again only this time, you are the dog, figuratively speaking of course.
    http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php?topic=334928.msg2280787#msg2280787
    I'd like to see your contract with the NTA, what's the problem with that? Why the silent treatment in your refusal to respond? Am I not asking the correct way? Please take the time to advise.
    Thank you,
    John Janelli
    NTA Past President

*****************************************************************************************
    Third Request: No Response

CC: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
    Sent: 5/2/2017 2:24:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
    Subj: Request For Executive Head Quarters Contract

To whom this may concern;
    After many polite attempts to Mr. Tim Thacker requesting to send me a copy of the contractual agreements between himself and the National Taxidermists Association, he has not so much as returned a single phone call, email, PM or text message with regard to said request. Barring any physical and or health issues involving Mr. Thacker, this request is now being transferred to Madame President Burkholder with all due respect, protocol and acumen.
    I beg you all to keep in mind that not once has this past president ever held back, denied or refused to relinquish every single piece of documentation allowed by law of which Mr. Thacker himself personally posted said information, including every page of the then seated executive director's and membership management contracts on taxidermy.net without ever having his opinions oppressed by the administrator, moderators or anyone else for that matter.
    Please be assured that I will not be nearly as vocal as Mr. Tim Thacker was when he posted thread after thread such as this;
    http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,333147.0.html
    Most sincerely,
    John Janelli
    NTA Past President

*****************************************************************************************
    First Private Message Sent Via Taxidermy.Net To NTA Forum Representative - Tim Thacker
    April 23, 2017 @ 2:24 PM - No Response

Hello Tim,
    Please take the time to forward me the contract (or other pertinent documentation) between yourself and the NTA with regard to whatever job description, stipends, and or payment fees that may be included that is warranted in said contractual agreements.
    Thank you,
    John Janelli
    NTA Past President

Second and Third Private Message Sent Via Taxidermy.Net To NTA Forum Representative and Tim Thacker
    April 25, 2017 9:24 AM Respectively - No Response To Either One

Tim,
    I'm not sure how to get your attention on this matter, I never failed you once whenever you needed any sort of NTA information from either Carol or myself 24/7/365 including Sundays and holidays etc. All I'm respectfully asking for is a copy of your contract.
    Thank you,
    John Janelli
    NTA President

****************************************************************************************
    Text Message From Michelle Burkholder To J.J.
    January 25, 2017 @ 11:06 AM

Hi JJ, Fred said you sent him a text message, thanks. Are you waiting for on the letter from me [granting permission to use the NTA Logo] before you remove your posts? I will have it today. Still recuperating from my drive.

Text Message to JJ from Michelle Burkholder copied to Mike Oropallo on January 28, 2017 @ 3:46 PM:

John, after waiting 4 days I just want you to know that after our conversation and promises made, I am first of all really hurt that you lied to me and very disappointed you didn't keep your promise to take those posts off the thread or have Ken do it and that you wouldn't say anything about the NTA. Ken said you never called him so obviously you left them on there to allow this chit storm on the NTA continue and it has.Also, just so you know, I have attached Mike Oropallo in this too because I know you originally discussed it with him and I wanted to keep him aware of what's going on.

Response from JJ to Michelle: 1/31/17

Please have Fred delete his reference to me in his reply post #12 as I have done yesterday with my two posts.

What's truly amazing is the speed with which I am still judged by Fred and Michelle and the audacity with which they always seem to drag Mike Oropallo between us, then Michelle claims that she never mentioned Mike was "their attorney" to begin with when she throws around his weight to intimidate me.
    Michelle and Fred, I know you're reading this so please know something that maybe you did not know already. On the cold rainy Monday night of January 23, 2017 Carol and I was a nasty rear end collision that really knocked me for a loop. It was one of those times when seat belts did more harm than good. Anyway, upon seeing the driver of the SUV that hit us attempt to leave the scene of the accident, I naturally jumped out and quite abruptly apprehended him until the police arrived. Prior to that, the driver offered me a crisp C-Note to keep the accident off the books. No chance of that happening though.
    You see, Mike Oropallo was in the back seat. I was turned completely around to say goodbye when we were struck from behind. In fact, when I just about ejected myself from our car, it felt as if the ground came up and hit me in the head it hurt that much. Mike caught his train and Carol took me to the ER that night. All I remember was waking up the next morning feeling like a 6 1/2 X 15 cape stretched over an 8 X 26 deer form. The resident doctor put me on some kind of an oxy pain killer for the next several days until my own doctor could see me the following Thursday. In fact, I still go for spinal treatments every week, last night being one of them, because of that accident.
    In your heart of hearts Michelle, do you really intend to take a Private Message via taxidermy.net that I sent to Fred Vanderburgh on January 24, 2017, a man who has been borderline harassing me ever since we have known each other, in the frame of mind I was in at that time, as a truly binding official statement to the NTA that warranted such severe and I might add, expensive action??? Forgive me for not calling Ken, I could not even get my hands on his phone number during those days. In your letter to me in which you openly stated that bylaws were brushed aside this "One Time" when in fact it was a total of three times counting John Creager, my daughter and myself, did you really think that I would allow Fred Vanderurgh to continue his insatiable bullying techniques??? How dare you use taxidermy.net to advance your own personal agenda Fred, how dare you! We both know it wasn't really about the PM at all, but just another way to silence a concerned member as it was done years ago. Hence the topic of this thread; "NTA - A New Chapter Of The Same Story".
    Fred stated matter of fact to me last May that this fight of ours is between him and me, not the NTA. You would do well to keep it that way. Because the NTA will not survive yet another legal confrontation as this could possibly lead to. Fred is on record at an NTA 2007 board meeting clearly expressing his view point; "Taxidermy.Net is the most dangerous thing to the NTA because everything said there is taken out of context." Strange enough, Fred now expects the NTA to be completely insulated and protected from public opinion yet he's at total liberty to use a Taxidermy.Net Private Message against someone as a weapon of choice rather than a personal expression of discontent. Is this justice or vengeance? Abuse of power or systematic removal of people with out Due Process?
    Moreover, what will prevent other NTA Life Members who have become so disenchanted with all of you not to mention the fact that now, they could legally demand their own life time dues to be refunded as you have recklessly provided to John Creager, my daughter and myself with. Rumor already has it that a class action law suit is being looked into by several life members. One individual called me yesterday asking advice on how to go about doing it. My response was simple, just ask to see Tim Thacker's contract, wait a few weeks for Fred to put the money up and wait for the check.
    And just so you know, if this isn't amicably settled and soon, you can expect a letter of intent from my attorney, that I really couldn't afford in the first place. Knowing that, my daughter came down and handed me $750.00 in cash and said here Dad use this for the lawyer, it's the NTA refund money that I never even asked for. The choice is now yours - how far you want to push this is up to you. In the same way you already sent me a letter granting me permission to use the NTA logo, you can send me one rescinding the board's decision that willing went against bylaws. No matter what you decide, I will never stop asking for Tim Thacker's contract. Hopefully, others will see the sheer corruption of this if only in that aspect alone.
    As a service to all NTA Life Members, if anyone would like hard copies of the refund checks and corresponding letters that came with it, please PM your complete postal address.
    John Janelli
    NTA Past President

7. NTA members just ask for financial status!

Look to see where the money has been spent!

Ask for a profit and loss statement from the Penn. show.

Ask for the budget for the Utah show! Mater of fact I had recommended that the NTA keep the show in a line from Salt lake City to knoxville TN. (So looks like they did take some of my advice.)

Lifetime members ask where the $65,000. dollars is

Ask what happened to the ACCIDENTAL DEATH AND DISMEMBERMENT Policy?

You paid for it for your lifetime!!! Is that not a promise broken by Fred and Company!

8. NTA

NTA National Taxidermists Association

Not the Right story. Read the Truth.

Not the Right Story
    This all started on Jan. 24, 2017 when Fred Vanderburgh and John Janelli were having a cordial telephone conversation about the Florida State Association offering a new award honoring women taxidermists, when Fred mentioned to John that the NTA logo is a registered trademark in which the NTA pays for on a yearly basis, and that the board had already discussed allowing John Janelli permission to use said trademark. Fred told John to simply send a letter to Tim at Headquarters asking for said permission and that permission would be granted and headquarters would have a written request on file supporting such usage.
    Following came several phone calls to HQ from John, who was obviously upset with Fred’s request. During such conversations, John kept referring to me, (Tim Thacker) as the NTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR to which I corrected him numerous times by saying that I am merely the secretary of the NTA. John did not and still has not excepted the fact of my job title. In jest, I told John to call me the HMFIC if he wanted to, but that I was no Executive Director. I, on several attempts, tried to assure John that the letter from him requesting usage of the NTA logo was merely a formality that I needed him to comply with. During said conversation John said on numerous occasions that he was done with the NTA and wished that we would consider refunding his money. I told John that I was not inclined to do that.
    John refused to comply and one month later I received the following in the mail.

A postcard arrived from John Janelli with the following:

It is the NTA Logo patch that John has worn on his vest for many years. Note that the date it was written was 1/25/2017. One day after his conversation with Fred and his message sent to Fred, and the postmark of when he sent this to me is Feb. 22, 2017. Obviously, he had a month to reconsider his position if he so choice to do so.
    The card reads: Tim, don’t rat me out this time, but here’s the logo I have worn to nearly every meeting, lecture, seminar, and speaking engagement literally all over the world. I pulled it off my jacket and trust me, it hung on for dear life. I was going to send you all my NTA shirts too, but they had J.J. over the right pocket. This doesn’t feel like a divorce anymore- an annulment is more like it. J.J. 1/25/17
    We all say and do things we later regret, however one month had passed between the message he sent Fred, and the mailing of this card containing his jacket patch.
    Surely enough time to resend and rethink ones’ position. At this point I realized that John was serious about his resignation.

In the meantime, the board had a meeting where it was discussed whether to refund John’s membership funds or not. The board voted to except John’s resignation from membership and further agreed to his terms of refunding his and Carol’s Lifetime membership dues as well as those of his daughter’s and son in laws. An attorney was consulted and we were advised as to how to proceed with granting John his wishes. IE, the time it took for the NTA to respond to John’s request.
    In the meantime, John began trying to contact me requesting from me information regarding my contract with the NTA Board. I inquired with NTA President Michelle Burkholder as to what I was to do, at which time I was instructed to NOT give my personal information out and that I had no obligation to do so.
    Questions regarding my contract with the NTA Board of Directors. I am a contracted vendor with the NTA who’s duties it is to serve the NTA Board as directed. It is not my place to do or act in any way other than directed by the NTA Board of Directors to which I serve. Asking me for information such as my contract is NOT part of my duties or obligations to the NTA membership unless directed by the NTA Board. My contract is my personal information, and is not public information.
    For anything financial please refer to the NTA website at: http://nationaltaxidermists.com/finance-reports/
    There you will find all public information as to the NTA Financial Reports.
    NTA Headquarters Manager
    Tim Thacker

9. Tim has responded that he is not obligated to show his contract because he is a "Vendor"??? and is essentially hired by the board to run and execute their work. If he is a vendor, I would think that being transparent would then obligate the NTA to show the contract to members upon request.

What is there to hide?

10. Folks look at the pie chart.
    For 2016 life or annual account is at 45.4% of total.
    2015 990 shows 71,000 USD on hand.
    lifetime members ships when my wife and I handed over the accounts was $65,000. USD.
    These had been in a loosing Morgan Stanley account

Well I just guess the monkey math of the NTA does not work for me. 45% or 71,000 USD is how much? $31,950. approc

So what has the NTA done with the other $33048. USD??????

33 grand missing under this current board??

11. CJ59

CJ59 New Member

As a 501(c)6 not for profit organization, any contract is public and must be supplied to anyone requesting same, or the organization risks losing its not for profit status. The contract should also be placed for bid at the end of each term. As such an organization, the NTA is bound by the rules. Anyone requesting organizational documents is entitled to them. So why the push to get rid of anyone who asks for information?

12. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Tim, first, please provide us with a copy of YOUR contract, then provide us with a copy of the actual email I supposedly sent in stating my R-E-S-I-G-N-A-T-I-O-N. Not the Private Message that Fred Vanderburgh used from taxi.net to hack my membership. (God only knows what that boy gets away with in a competition room.) And not the story line that Michelle Burkholder puked up at Fred's whim either. Next, you can provide a statement from the mysterious NTA attorney, let's see now, I'm sure it ain't Pat Patrick, who's been advising the board against me such as he (or she) has been doing. Don't play the old Louisiana games here, be honest and forthright for a change. Your memory must be really slacking off Tim. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO HAD TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT H.M.F.I.C. MEANT. How can you lie so easily like that??? Do you mean to tell us that the executive director of the NTA has now been reduced to a vendor?! Than why did you tell me they pay you $500.00 a month and that if you didn't really need that money, you'd resign also because you too are tired of taking Fred's crappola! Here's an email you sent to me less than 4 years ago as if you already had it all preordained. Read what you wrote about Joe Kulis's job description. Why can't we get that from you as well? After all, you spelled it out so crystal clear. You remember Joe Kulis, the one Fred Vanderburgh said "...doesn't deserve to draw human breath!"

Sent: 8/13/2013 8:35:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
    Subj: NTA matters

Hi John

Thought I would write out my thoughts this time so you have them to reference if you so choose.

First up is the “Letter of Engagement” from the CPA. This is a common practice to sign a letter of engagement before doing any work of this nature. With Carol working in a Law firm, I’m sure she is familiar with this process. I see no harm in signing that. I would however ask for a statement for services rendered to date. Once that bill is paid, Harry has no issue with forwarding said QuickBooks Records to Joe Kulis. He just doesn’t want to get stuck with the bill for the work Randy did for the NTA. How much that bill is we do not know yet as invoices have not been sent out yet.

Which takes me to my second point. Joe needs a direction. Duties that are assigned to him. A job description. That description needs to include his cooperation with Harry. Without said cooperation, nothing positive is going to become of Harry’s work in getting the financials up to speed and date. I highly encourage their cooperation with each other. If Joe is unwilling to co-operate with your directives then a replacement will need to be sought, keeping in mind that this is an interim position ONLY. As I stated to you on the phone, I do not support the idea of a contracted permanent Executive Director’s position, but that will be up to the board and part of the reorganization plans that Fred is spearheading, and even if so that an ED is permanently affixed, that job does need to be offered up for bid and voted upon.

Which takes me to my next topic. The reorganization is a serious undertaking. New policies that will effect and redirect how business as usual is conducted. I feel very confident in Fred’s abilities in guiding us through that process. The board showed trust in his abilities and direction. Please encourage him to proceed with this undertaking.

Next on my mind is your tenure as NTA President. John, you have the support of everyone. I have checked and you are loved. However, frustrations are stating to mount. Collectively, YOU and the Board assigned certain job responsibilities to various individuals. It is you as president that has to administrate these workers. It is NOT you who has to do everything. Delegate these tasks as YOU see fit keeping in mind the boards directives as set forth at the convention board meeting. That means that the committees that were established at said board meeting need to be encouraged to expedite those assorted job assignments as directed. You are placing too much upon yourself. There was a time just a few weeks ago that it all rode upon your shoulders, and you did a magnificent job sir. We ALL are indebted to you. However as it is now, YOU Mr. President have a board willing, capable and able to now carry you for a moment. Enjoy this moment. It is YOUR time to celebrate. When this moment is done and we are able to move forward from here, we want to honor you as an Honorary Member and spokesman for the NTA forever more. John, you are the NTA. You ARE what we stand for. When your tenure as president is over, we would like for you to remain as THE NTA FIGUREHEAD forever more. An opportunity for you to do what you love to do. Shaking hands and kissing babies..............and representing the NTA at all points of interest as you do so well already. Today you seemed offended by this suggestion, which I didn’t quite understand. You must not be hearing the message correctly, so I will say it again......WHEN YOUR TENURE IS OVER, WOULD YOU CONSIDER BEING THE NTA SPOKESMAN AS A HONORARY MEMBER FOREVER MORE? There exists no better person for that task. You are it and we would like to have you fulfill that position with all expenses paid for you to attend state conventions, National conventions and associated conventions of interest such as SCI, P&Y, B&C just to mention a few that come to mind. Of course funding and board approval will all have to be considered, but what better person exists for that job? No-one. You are the only real choice for the job.

and lastly, lets talk briefly about the OUTLOOK magazine. I know how important you feel it is. And I am not here to discredit it’s importance. What I do want to emphasize though is the pending litigation, the expenses associated with these adhoc committees, the unforeseen expenses that are sure to come from the reorganization, and the fact that we are starting over with a zero balance going in. Surely the OUTLOOK is not a necessity at this point in time. A nice addition once we are in a position perhaps, but I caution that this point in time might not be in our best interest and I’m positive the membership will be understanding to the fact. I understand the ads that we are missing out on at the present, but weigh it all out and make sure there are no added expenses that the NTA coffers can not bare at this time. This is a time to pinch our collective pennies for the bear is knocking at the door in disguise.

Just thoughts to share. Stay in touch and in our service. We Love You JJ.

Sincerely:
    Tim Thacker

Is this how it all ends Tim? Over my dead body it will. I'm bot budging on this, have Fred call off his dogs before this escalates further than any of us thought possible. Utah isn't that far away. Who's going to remove me from the general membership meeting that week? You or the NTA Police?

14. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Hey Tim, Michelle and Fred; This is what a condescending letter of resignation letter looks like. Certainly NOT a Private Message sent from one individual to another, that effects the memberships of innocent bystanders while blatantly violating your own bylaws:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
    CC: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
    Sent: 8/6/2013 5:47:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
    Subj: RE: Resign from postion as Chair of Reorganization Committee

NTA Board Members, It's with a heavy heart that I'm writing this e-mail. It's important to realize that just because someone holds a position of leadership, doesn’t necessarily mean they should. Put another way, not all leaders are created equal. The problem with the NTA, it is suffering from is a recognition problem – they can’t seem to recognize good leaders from bad ones. If you really want to determine someone’s leadership prowess, give them some responsibility and see what they do with it. Leaders without vision will fail. Leaders who lack vision cannot inspire teams, motivate performance, or create sustainable value, will fail. When leaders are constantly flummoxed by those who don’t seem to get it, there exists both a leadership and communications problem. Show me a leader with poor communication skills and I’ll show you someone who will be short-lived in their position. Long story short; if a leader receives a vote of non-confidence from their subordinates…game over. A leader not fully invested in their team won’t have a team – at least not an effective one. NTA Board members people, their traits, attitudes, and work ethic (or lack thereof) are contagions. This can be positive or negative – the choice is yours. These traits are possessed by your current President and Interim Executive Director, and if they continue not doing the Boards will, you will be in for a rocky road ahead…

I have never been a quitter. To leave the position of Chair of the Reorganization Committee before I'm done is against every instinct in my body. But as a NTA life member witnessing this turmoil, I cannot be involved any more. This leadership as brought division within the Board and used Harry and I to play a large part of what little success they have gained. I have lived sixty four years and my instincts tell this is not a good place for me to be . As of this date I resign- Regretfully Fred Vanderburgh

15. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET IT DIE......

16. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    RJ, you don't get it: Fred is god to those who trust him!

17. NTA

NTA National Taxidermists Association

As the HMFIC, I decided to spend a little time bringing some more facts to light for our readers. Besides the defamation of character issues that are now captured in this thread, I decided to go into my own box of archives to see what might exist. Seams John has been down this road before, and not all that long ago. I wonder how much money John has made off the NTA over the years? Since Lifetime Memberships were handed out like candy for those who were good boys for past administrations dirty deeds. Things like having posters made of Fred and Harry and having the cops ready to arrest on sight if they showed up at the NTA convention. Surely that would be worth a free Lifetime Membership, wouldn't it? But wait, there is so much more. You see for years the corruption was overlooked by most, because those who had a vested interest were not going to kill their own honey hole. Some gave up trying because the corrupt had such a strong strangle hold on it all. But then along came some people who really wanted the NTA to thrive, and invested heavily in an attempt to snatch the NTA out of the sharks mouth. Guys like Fred Vanderburgh and Harry Whitehead. Along came others who joined in to lend a hand such as your's truly. Many battles engaged. Some won, some lost, but in the end the guys who won were the ones whose heart was pure and the rebirth of a once corrupt organization began. Some have been hostile towards this new birth only to find themselves on the outside looking in. See, some people are jealous that they didn't get their turn at draining the NTA coffers. Others have never had a dog in the fight, but just want to belong because they have nothing else in life to substantiate them, so they become a part of a fight but have no clue what the fight is about. I could go on and on and on about what exits in the closet of NTA years gone by, but I'm here to declare that we are going to have a GREAT Convention in Layton Utah this year and expect a record turnout. The NTA is alive and well, and it doesn't matter to us if you agree with the Taxidermy Hall of Fame's decision to have it's induction ceremony at the NTA or not, it's still gonna happen there. I guess you weren't important enough to get the memo asking for your thoughts. Damn the bad luck. Again I will say, I hope those defamation of character statements don't bite you in the arsh. So to the gallery of Could have beens, wanna be's, and never was', don't worry.........We've got this without you, just fine.

Attached Files:

18. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Tim why not post the letter that my attorney sent in first...hmmm? Or is that not in your job description either??? Here, let me show you how a genuine president handles something like this:

January 7, 2013

Mr. Harry Whitehead Jr.
    121-A Dewey Drive
    Nicholasville, Kentucky 40356
    Fred Vanderburgh
    64 Vennel Rd.
    Van Etten, NY 14889
    Dear Mr. Whitehead (and Mr. Vanderburgh) ;
    This is to notify you once again that during the 2012 summer board meeting, the
    board members and officers of the National Taxidermists Association voted
    unanimously to nullify and rescind the resolution of 2010 terminating your
    memberships and lifetime judging certification. It is my sincere hope and prayer that
    this will encourage all of us to move on in a more meaningful and productive direction for the common good of our beloved industry.
    Welcome home,
    John Janelli
    NTA President

Now maybe you can answer this simple question; how will the current administration report the 3 refunds they doled out this time in your treasury report??? Really Tim, HMFIC - clean it up please.

19. Funny how those from the outside looking are the ones that laid the ground work for the shows to come.

I will just make a reminder that Harry Whitehead said there was $10,000. missing form the Baton Rouge Show.
    I will also stand by this statement the six people that had access to the money were Fed and his wife, Harry and his wife and JJ and his wife.

Now when you start putting two and two together something seems to stink.

Folks you decide. if you want the same old same old, you have the right people on the NTA board. If you want change how about having an election? Notice how HMFIC of the NTA bitches like a little twit for an election when the NTA was in the middle of the Crain lawsuit.

Notice how quickly TERF is gone away, HMFIC gave his former boss over $7,000. when the former boss was flooded out for the third time?? So did HMFIC get some of that 7000 USD?

Now knowing a few other things and having talked with Ms. Lee Ann Shaffer, IL D of C. I will leave it at that.

20. Ok let us put another equation into this mix.

When the Board fired the Crains sometime back. the Board got nothing from them to include these letters Tim just posted........

Harry got a box of something only Harry knows and probably Fred too. But the 990 for 2015 could nto be filed because we the old board did not have all the bank statements.

I Urged Mitch to and the board to call the IRS for a forensic audit. You know this is done at no charge to a NON Profit. Teh whole board was afraid to call the IRS. For some reason.

I also urged to file the 990 as incomplete with an explanation. Porterfield Killingsworth CPAs in Harrison, AR
    870-741-3135 · 200 E Rush Ave Ste 4 · Harrison, AR 72601-4351 ... Also said this would not be a problem. But the executive advisory board strongly objected Guess who sat on that board?
    Fred.

Anyone see a pattern here?

Suddenly the current board has the paperwork to file the 2015 990. Where is the 990 for 2016? Its over due.

How about publishing the profit and loss statement for the Penn show Mr. NTA?
    How about for the Salt lake city show.

Now I dont know but since you are on top of everything Mr NTA, can you publish the settlement with the Crains?