1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA - A New Chapter Of The Same Story

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by John Janelli, May 5, 2017.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

All from a former ex member. You get nothing Creager. But I have your number LM 118.

2. Oh I got a lot Tim. I dont give a crap about that LT number anymore.

January 7, 2013

NTA Board Members and Officers:

The NTA secretary has made several requests to see a copy of the legal opinion letter mentioned by past president Steve Wolk in his email dated 9/20/12, and was refused. As current NTA president, I also requested a copy of said letter from NTA headquarters in an e-mail dated 1/2/13 and have also been denied my request.

Since we have been unable to obtain the legal opinion and are unsure as to the legalities of what occurred in the subsequent executive session, in all honesty and fairness to the membership of the NTA, I have no choice but to enforce the first unanimous vote conducted in open session at the 2012 summer board meeting: The initial vote which legally nullified the resolutions terminating the memberships of Harry Whitehead Jr. and Fred Vanderburgh will stand, as is recorded in the minutes.

Therefore, NTA headquarters is hereby directed to accept the appropriate dues from Harry Whitehead Jr. when and if he should apply for NTA membership and to continue without interruption the life membership of Fred Vanderburgh.

Additionally, both of their lifetime judging certifications shall also remain intact.

I regret any hardship or inconvenience this may have caused anyone. Protecting you, the board members and officers of the National Taxidermists Association, being true and honest to our members, along with defending the rights of our free society including all taxidermists, without prejudice, is now and always will be paramount with this NTA president.

I told you and the others where to shove that number and the 500 dollars. You people are stupid in thinking I would accept a bribe to keep my mouth shut.

You want to post that letter or do a search as I already posted it some months back.

I told you and the others where to shove that number and the 500 dollars. You people are stupid in thinking I would accept a bribe to keep my mouth shut.

You want to post that letter or do a search as I already posted it some months back.

I am still waiting for the record of who voted what way.

You were on the phone board meeting where Fred threatened me. Janna Put it in the minutes, against Freds will. But you know something I am sure by know Fred has rewritten those minutes to.

Tim net time you are fly fishing Norfork River let me know I have the LT membership card I would love to personally return to you. OH by the way dont deny it there are photos and even Scott admitted it.

Folks do you see the circle in the NTA. The most transparent is ever was is the time I was on the board. Now its the same old crap.

3. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

Tim, it truly breaks my heart to see you behave this way. You've been brainwashed, that's clear to see. But it's a little lop sided that you get to wear two hats in this thread as the Vending Executive Director and as Antlerman a.k.a. Tim Thacker. Your bullying undertone is not unlike previous people who have held your position. You seem to be more amazing at using smoke screens and mirrors than the Wizard of OZ himself. I have no clue as to what you're talking about with the hall of fame, the old one or the new one. The right people have been chosen to do the work that they were asked to do. Come to think of it, I really ought to brush up my taxidermy history 101. God knows how I've failed the industry in so many ways in that respect. Who knows, perhaps you'll see me and few other unexpected past presidents out in Utah for the momentous occasion of the new hall of fame inductees. Bait me all you want. Post, paste and copy everything Fred Vanderburgh tells you to. Yet, I can't wait to see the letter from the NTA attorney you keep alluding to. I mean after all, 'it's not like anybody can put me in prison or anything like that.' Let's stick to the facts as a moderator once told me not too long ago. You and the current administration have much to answer for. Keep piling it on, but in the mean time...

Please post your NTA contract with all pertinent information thereof the same way you've done with 14 year old documents, which incidentally have been all washed clean by previous boards.

4. Grown men acting like littel spoild girls. Get a life, JJ and JC. Really

5. Joker, just keep drinking that kool aid.

Joker did you not present a simple bank statement as the treasurers report Failing to mention the 65 thousand dollars in the lifetime members fund.

I questioned your lack of accounting abilities then and still do. "Oh its in the bank." was your reply. I voted to not accept your piss poor report too.

6. ANDY

ANDY Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Sounds like these comments say it all for this organization.

7. Tim, you are a whomp bird. Thats a bird that flies in a ever decreasing circle at a ever increasing rate of speed until its head goes up is own rearend.
    You are not smart enough to realize you are being used.

8. zorro

zorro New Member

Everyone was forewarned. It goes on and on and on. Crains by another name.

9. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Good, since you don't need others and their opinions I guess we don't need you. That's a pretty ****ed up attitude to have for a public, non profit organization. Glad I took my ball and went home a few years ago Mr. HMFIC.

One word of wisdom, it's lonely at the top. You'll know what I mean in a couple of months.

10. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

The comment is taken out of context. It was a response to Rich MO who was criticizing Larry Blomquist' decision to have the THOF Induction ceremony at the NTA convention. But in typical RichMO style he deleted his post which makes this all non applicable. The "Could have been" is directed at Janelli who could have been such a great asset to the association, but refuses to stop fighting with everyone. The "wanna be" is directed at Creager whose has a better idea about everything and is self proclaimed smarter than everyone else, but wouldn't know the truth if it hit him in the face. And the "never was" is directed at RichMO who doesn't have a dog in this fight but always has to dispute anything anyone else says or does, including Larry Blomquist and Ken Edwards.

The settlement with the Crain's is something we have no clue about. Ask Janelli. But since he allegedly showed it to you already I'm curious as to why you ask.

As for you not coming to the show........that's disappointing. I would love to see you and Miranda.

As for the drama look back to who started this thread. Are we to let lies and distortions go without being addressed? Exactly why we've stayed away from taxinet. We tell you the truth and you still want to argue and fight. Enough.

I'm out and you guys can continue on if you choose to. What we've said we stand on. The end.

11. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Nobody likes a quitter Tim ;)

12. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

Mr. NTA Man and Tim, are there are any more highly respected names that you intend to drag through the ipso facto removal of me, Carol, Angela and Tony? Please leave these innocent people (you know just who I mean) out of it. God only knows, if this is what goes on at headquarters with you at the helm, we can only imagine what goes on behind the doors of the NTA competition room as well. Have you any idea that this will all serve to be positive evidence that any and all NTA Life Members can now demand and should receive a full refund due to all your blindsided following of one Fred Vanderburgh? Seven copies of the checks we were sent have already went out to several concerned life members. So sad...

13. Based on the facts and circumstances as understood and presented to the NTA and after further consultation with our legal counsel, the NTA stands by its decision to accept Mr. Janelli's withdraw from our membership.
    We regret any hard feelings this situation may have caused, but we wish him well.
    -Michelle Burkholder
    NTA President

14. Im a life member and I have been asking about my points and "Award of Excellence" since Gatlinburg. Every email I have sent has gone unanswered, maybe thats grounds enough to ask for a refund????

15. NTA

NTA National Taxidermists Association

Hello Matt. Our records indicate that you are located in Oxford CT. By your avatar, it says Fredricksburg, VA. Perhaps your email and phone numbers that you have on file for the NTA are outdated as well. Please contact HQ at [email protected] or call 618-669-2929 and your needs will be addressed. Thanks

16. It matters not who's right or wrong, it really doesn't, because one won't convince the other even if it's the absolute truth. It's all about how you spin it. If you have a brain at all, we all know there's wrongs from both sides, intentional or unintentional. This is adult stuff with people acting like grade school kids. I'm a nobody in this industry...I really am, and you guys that are involved in this circus really arent' as important to this industry as you think you are. So quit trying to convience everyone that your right and they're wrong and that you've got the best interest of the members in mind. Really??? If that were the case would this be played out on taxinet? I don't think so. I'm not an NTA member. Do you understand why? One thing I know for sure is if this saga ever ends, it won't until all the actors are dead and buried. Sad....so sad.

17. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

It's amazing that certain emails to the NTA leaders get undivided attention, some as menial as a private message sent months in the past. Yet something this important get no response at all. Go figure...

To: [email protected], [email protected]
    CC: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
    Sent: 7/1/2016 3:04:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
    Subj: Fwd: Draft complaint against New Jersey for your comments

Dear Michelle,
    As you can see, Conservation Force has taken a demonstrable lead roll in defending the taxidermy industry of NJ and NY taxidermists. They have asked for nothing in return nor do they solicit any funding for the extraordinary pro-bono legal work they do in protecting the rights of our entire industry and that of big game hunting as well, the very life blood of our profession.
    When my term as NTA president expired, there was over $3500.00 in the now defunct conservation fund. I respectfully request that all of the three thousand five hundred dollars (certainly more if possible) be sent directly to Conservation Force with full compliments and appreciation of the National Taxidermists Association, for all they do for the American taxidermists.
    Thanking you in advance,
    Sincerely,
    John Janelli
    NTA Past President

18. My email and phone number has not changed. I will send an email with my new address.

19. All the members are asking for is openness. Yet after the two years I was on the board its all now the secret society again. Tim you make a lot of statements and you cannot back half of them up.

I do know a good bit about running a convention. But that is in the past the ATA was very successful when I was the President. Plus despite your and Freds constant interruptions, the NTA springdale show worked pretty well.

But due to your coercion Gatlinberg was a bomb. The board had to much time dealing with your whiny crying attitude , we all knew you were Fred's puppet and still are.

No dissolution here we still know Fred and Harry are running the show. Its really to bad you cant hear what people say about the NTA its not good.

20. John,
    I do understand the issue, and I hope you get results, but this thing called the NTA has got to die! WE as professional taxidermists have got to demand better accountability and transparency when it comes to member supported associations. I know a lot of good taxidermists (just as you do) that still gives to this snake called the NTA membership money, why? I'm sure you remember the Baton Rouge show, great time, exceptional mounts, the friends etc., what happened?
    I made the statement years ago that I would never give the NTA a membership fee, well I just don't see any reason to change that.
    David