1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA - A New Chapter Of The Same Story

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by John Janelli, May 5, 2017.

1. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I don't understand why the organization is returning Life Membership money to anyone. I sent in an annual membership for years. Seems that the Life Membership should be amortized out over a period of years based on an annual membership fee. Anyone who gets a refund should also receive a 1099, since it was certainly tax-deducted. A full refund means that an individual got a "free ride" for the time they were Life Members.

2. Where are the meeting minutes and treasury reports posted on the website I'm having a hard time finding them!

3. . Ditto , that's why I'm a United Taxidermist Association member . www.unitedtaxidermyassociation.com

4. If you never deducted it in the first place. But the NTA has failed to follow the things promised when people bought the lifetime membership.

So we have the NTA with a Breach of contract.

5. Accountability is why the NTA wanted me gone. I was one of the people in the way, I called for complete total open and the financial to open to the members.

That went against the ring leaders idea. Maybe they think it is there time to tap into the money like other leaders did prior.

6. ydoxy

ydoxy New Member

Excellent Story...

7. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    "NTA / HMFIC" please send me a copy of your pertinent contract as I politely and respectfully requested so many previous times before. Was it truly worth $1500.00 to with hold the same of kinds of information that you once fought so bravely to have made public a few years ago? Would you consider at least showing it to Elmer Gantry perhaps? You remember how diligently he worked with you against that other previous administration don't you? Wonder what makes it all so different today...

John Janelli
    NTA Past President

P.S. (May 13, 2017)

HMFIC - Not to worry, the refund check that was sent to me 14 years ago was sent right back asking that it would be deposited into the prize fund FOR THE MEMBERS. There has never been, nor will there ever be a shred of evidence or a solid accusation that John and Carol allegedly misappropriated any money whatsoever from THE MEMBERS in any way shape or form. When we drove to board meetings, even that money allotted to both Carol and me for travel expenses was used directly FOR THE MEMBERS. In fact, there are more proof positive facts in your own past that warrant YOU TO BE FIRED than the previous executives that were in charge. Yet, you have the audacity to take $500.00 per month FROM THE MEMBERS to address yourself as HMFIC??? Are those the initials on your contract as well???
    Check #1183 was sent back as well. Only this time, I could not possibly trust NTA headquarters with such a tremendous responsibility, seeing how hellbent you all are to avoid such volatile questions as when a past president asks to see a copy of your contract. Therefore, copies of our letters and all pertinent information pertaining to this ludicrous chapter of the same old story were sent to you, the official HMFIC, the president and of course, since I've been intimidated so often by you with threats of imaginary legal action, the actual check itself was mailed to Mike Oropallo, just to be on the safe side. My only real and actual crime against the NTA was asking to see your now highly questionable contract because of the disability case that you also are currently under.
    Although I am puzzled, what board member resigned and what was the reason this time? I tried to phone Jeff Mourning, he was even kind enough to take my call, although he never called back as he promised he would.

May 16, 2017

The NTA refund check #1183 was returned and delivered to NTA attorney Mike Oropallo yesterday afternoon. Not only was the refund (buy off) totally against bylaws, the use of Taxidermy.Net as weapon of choice after more than 90 days was a totally inexcusable abuse of power by Fred Vanderburgh, Michelle Burkholder and HMFIC, Tim Thacker. Thanks Tim, for telling me it was Harry Whitehead who resigned his board seat due to 'reasons beyond his control'. However, since they canned Dave Blank off the board because he allegedly disclosed executive session information...shouldn't the same apply to you as well? Oh well, same old same old I guess. It would do you all well to read a few excerpts from an email the NTA board of directors was sent when people such as you Tim, Fred and Michelle was so adamantly against the non transparency that you all screamed for;

"We would much rather see Taxidermy.Net used in a manner that promotes the positive aspects of the NTA rather than a catalyst for opposition. We feel that the interests of the NTA could be better promoted if advocates of the NTA were more proactive with announcements and positive information on a more frequent basis. Real dialogue and transparency will produce much more goodwill among taxidermists. Stonewalling will only produce frustration and mistrust. The Forum is where your future membership resides."
    Ken Edwards, 2/18/2010

May 17, 2017

Four years ago today, the NTA achieved more goals for our members than any other administration before or after that historic board meeting in Baton Rouge, LA. Among other milestones, the BOD's so elected to never again refuse membership to any individual based solely upon their demands for transparency and accountability from those who govern the NTA. Wherever the NTA is goaded to now, we trust it is only temporary and that somewhere is yet another group of taxidermists, loyal only to the members and our industry, who will respectfully pick up the banner of Charely Haynes before it becomes too bloody and soiled by self dealing leaders. Thank you officers and board members of 2013 for your confidence and dedication to the members of the NTA.

***********************************************************************************************************************

May 23, 2017

Fred Vanderburgh needs to know that forgiveness only takes one person while reconciliation requires two or more.

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,386173.msg2572376.html#msg2572376

***********************************************************************************************************************
    May 25, 2017

After a lengthy conversation with an extremely pro NTA spokesman, it was learned that Tim Thacker, while posting under the banner of the NTA as their official spokesman, hellishly responded well out of his jurisdiction by posting a 14 year old document from the confidential archives of the NTA, not his personal stash as he implied. In fact, given the language Tim used is more than sufficient for his resignation to be PM'd to Fred Vanderburgh as well, since that's the new method of protocol these days. Imagine - Tim Thacker - now Mr. NTA / HMFIC , a convicted sex offender, throwing around his weight as if being a convicted felon is an appreciated qualification of his job. It was not too long ago when the the largest northeastern Prestigious Taxidermist Associations actually signed a resolution banning a particular southeastern supply company owner from ever coming back to their show. And today, the very people who initiated that very document have no problem with hiring, paying and working with an actual convicted sex offender.
    Somewhere in the bylaws one might think that there would be something to protect members from those with such criminal backgrounds. The reality of it all today is this; Members have lost all our rights and privileges, ask no questions and you'll get no lies, most importantly, they won't throw you out for asking either.

http://www.sexoffendersarchive.com/zipdirectory/IL/62275/Timothy_Thacker_855407

NTA
    Silver Member

National Taxidermists Association

View Profile WWW Email Offline

Re: NTA - A New Chapter Of The Same Story
    « Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 05:48:12 PM » Reply with quote
    As the HMFIC, I decided to spend a little time bringing some more facts to light for our readers. Besides the defamation of character issues that are now captured in this thread, I decided to go into my own box of archives to see what might exist. Seams John has been down this road before, and not all that long ago. I wonder how much money John has made off the NTA over the years? Since Lifetime Memberships were handed out like candy for those who were good boys for past administrations dirty deeds. Things like having posters made of Fred and Harry and having the cops ready to arrest on sight if they showed up at the NTA convention. Surely that would be worth a free Lifetime Membership, wouldn't it? But wait, there is so much more. You see for years the corruption was overlooked by most, because those who had a vested interest were not going to kill their own honey hole. Some gave up trying because the corrupt had such a strong strangle hold on it all. But then along came some people who really wanted the NTA to thrive, and invested heavily in an attempt to snatch the NTA out of the sharks mouth. Guys like Fred Vanderburgh and Harry Whitehead. Along came others who joined in to lend a hand such as your's truly. Many battles engaged. Some won, some lost, but in the end the guys who won were the ones whose heart was pure and the rebirth of a once corrupt organization began. Some have been hostile towards this new birth only to find themselves on the outside looking in. See, some people are jealous that they didn't get their turn at draining the NTA coffers. Others have never had a dog in the fight, but just want to belong because they have nothing else in life to substantiate them, so they become a part of a fight but have no clue what the fight is about. I could go on and on and on about what exits in the closet of NTA years gone by, but I'm here to declare that we are going to have a GREAT Convention in Layton Utah this year and expect a record turnout. The NTA is alive and well, and it doesn't matter to us if you agree with the Taxidermy Hall of Fame's decision to have it's induction ceremony at the NTA or not, it's still gonna happen there. I guess you weren't important enough to get the memo asking for your thoughts. Damn the bad luck. Again I will say, I hope those defamation of character statements don't bite you in the arsh. So to the gallery of Could have beens, wanna be's, and never was', don't worry.........We've got this without you, just fine.

June 2, 2017

Several weeks ago and in full compliance of NTA bylaws, the $750.00 refund check was promptly returned to the NTA attorney. At no time, for any reason, should bylaws be purposely violated in any way shape or form. Letters of protest were also sent to the NTA president and executive director a.k.a. HMFIC. No response or acknowledgement was yet received, as in - totally ignored. So that others may learn from this sad usurp of power; there is no such thing as a Private Message in taxidermy.net - everything you say may and can be used against you, as Tim Thacker would cowardly say, regardless how out of context it may be taken.

June 25, 2017

A substantial proportion of people do what they are told to do, irrespective of the content of the act and without limitations of conscience, so long as they perceive that the command comes from a legitimate authority.

Stanley Milgram - Obedience To Authority Figures

July 10, 2017

WHAT IS CENSORSHIP:

http://gilc.org/speech/osistudy/censorship/

August 16, 2017

It's amazing how no one ever publicly asks questions of the NTA leadership, a 501-C6 not for profit organization and it's finances any longer without one of those very leaders crying "FOUL!" under the guise of honesty, integrity and credibility. Nor do they respond to professionally written letters either. Yet, one PM to an insatiably corrupted individual gets the undivided attention of an attorney...and the rest is history. What sort of memorial will this NTA deserve when posterity comes to judge their current administration? May the sewers of history never claim with them, those who fought the good fight for the good of our industry.

September 4, 2017

Censorship by any other name, reason or enforcement is borderline terrorism in it's purest form.