1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New Friday Seminar at the World Show

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Kathy, May 8, 2017.

1. Kathy

Kathy Active Member

We are adding a Friday afternoon seminar at the World Show, a lecture by noted taxidermy historian by Stephen Rogers from the Carnegie Museum of Natural History: The history of the Maison Verreaux and the methods used in mounting of the Lion Attacking a Dromedary. This will take place Friday, May 19, at the Peoria Civic Center in Room 403, from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Attached Files:

2. aussiesam

aussiesam I'm an Australian.

Awesome, thank you. :)

3. PA

PA Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the lecture Kathy. While it may sound the lecture is entirely about a firm that operated from circa 1803 to the late 1860's, it is a story of the influence the firm had on Taxidermy within the United States and the world in general. The team here at the Carnegie Museum researched the history and methods used in creating the mount. XRF testing was done and we had a person from the medical examiners office come in the X-ray the mount at select locations. This lecture will also give a view into the history of the Wards Natural Science establishment and the development of methods that were influenced by Jules and Jean Baptiste Édouard Verreaux and their lesser known brother. The firm was as influential than the Jonas Brothers was in the US. I will probably incorporate a few PowerPoint slides used in my NTA talk last summer.

4. Your presentation at Nationals was very cool. I'm sure this will be as well