1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

what kind of eyes or size for Ted Weyenberg woodduck heads?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by the grey, May 11, 2017.

1. the grey

the grey Member

for those who use Ted's woodduck heads what size eyes do you use and any preference on brand? thanks

2. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

euro eyes 10mm

3. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Ted's eyes are awesome!

4. Tom Maul

Tom Maul Active Member

Man... If your not using Ted's wood duck eyes and eye rings, you're missin the boat! He'll include directions for installation, too. I don't know if he's taking on any new customers, but if you're getting his bodies, you should be able to get his eyes and eye rings. He's also a GREAT GUY.

5. x2 on the eyes and eyerings!That's what they are made for!

6. the grey

the grey Member

I know about his heads and eye rings but dint realize that he had his actual own glass eyes too. Thanks

7. Dark Man

Dark Man Active Member

Last time i tried to order from ted he told me he wouldnt sell to me because hes only taking orders from his bigger clients.

8. Brian

Brian Active Member

Well if he has the mentality that he will only deal with the big fish them that right there would make me not want any of his stuff.i love how people start out as nobody's then they get a little recognition then there head and egos explode.sad!

9. Tom Maul

Tom Maul Active Member

???
    The experiences I've had with Ted show me that that statement is far from correct. I'm no "big fish" and I'm fortunate enough to be a customer. I THINK I was just lucky enough to become a customer before he became overwhelmed with business. It's my understanding that he is just not taking on "new" customers. I believe he's a small shop (one man?) and perhaps he just wants to stay that way.
    Ted puts out a unsurpassed product, ships same or next day, is priced very reasonably, answers or returns calls immediately, packs very well, is very polite and professional, will give you all the advice and help you could ask for and is a humble man.
    It could be that one day (soon?) he'll scratch me off his list. That will be a sad day because I sure as hell "want his stuff".... but I'll understand and be thankful that I had the opportunity while it lasted.

10. Dark Man

Dark Man Active Member

Dont get me wrong,im not here to bash ted,not a new customer either.iv been out to his place to pick up orders and he is a great guy,just stating what I was told the last time i called him up,perhaps he just got backed up,which is Understandable,it happens,ive just started getting heads elsewhere.Now,back to the main question,In the past I always got myeyes right from ted when i placed my order,easiest way

11. boogger47

boogger47 Member

Ted is a great american,wonderful person and a good business man.Nothing but good things to say about this man.

12. Tom Maul

Tom Maul Active Member

My response wasn't directed towards you, Darkman. You simply stated a fact.
    Brian qualified his statement with "if", and thus, should be given the benefit of the doubt that he unjustly judged Ted.
    With that said, I still feel that Ted's name was presented in poor light. I simply couldn't let the thread end that way.

13. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Well said Tom

I, like Darkman, am also a client of Teds. Small client but never the less a long time client. About 6 mos ago I called him to order my 2 dozens heads and he apologized and said he couldn't fill that order at the time. He had a couple wholesale clients he was doing hundreds (maybe thousands can't remember) of heads for and was backed up. He was at the Louisiana show and I visited with him and bought heads from him. He apologized to me a few times and I told him water under the bridge. Great man and great heads!!

Back to the original post -- order your eyes from him when ordering heads and he'll put the correct eyes in the bag with the head. Eyerings too! He now has a set of eyerings molded for White fronted goose (Specs) that are sweet!

14. Ted is awesome. I'm small time but I've been getting my heads from him for years.He's overwhelmed and can't keep up.One of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure to work with!

15. I recently ordered some heads and eyes from Ted and had no problem and I am far from a bigger client. I don't know where that all came from. He has been nothing but great with my orders. He did tell me that he wasn't taking any new customers because he couldn't keep up with everything.