1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

McKenzie shipping ..........

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Kerby Ross, May 18, 2017.

1. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I had to make a small order of two rattlesnake forms.

[​IMG]

Shipping was ONLY $7.81 ! ! !

THANK YOU !

:)

Kerby...

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Dang pirates. How dare they charge you for shipping. ;) I attempted to post a similar post thanking McKenzie but, photobucket was being it's typical stupid self and I gave up.

3. Lol

4. McKenzie...BAD! McKenzie...GOOD! McKenzie... BAD! McKenzie...GOOD!
    I'm so confused?!?

5. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that wasn't UPS!

USPS?

6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Cecil,........

Yes, it was USPS. When I order I always say: 1) send it the cheapest way and 2) I am not in a hurry. That usually means I get it USPS ..... and I still get it within a few days.

I just shipped a walking stick to South Carolina and it cost me $17 to ship it (slow boat). So I was very happy with McKenzie on this one.

:)

Kerby...

7. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Good shipping price. From my experience given it was shipped USPS you are probably lucky they were not damaged in transit.

8. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I think a lot depends on your drivers! Around here, SpeeDee cheap but packages look like some of them have been run over! (Except the LCR stuff for some reason...) UPS next worse. FedEx great, but only used them a couple of times so not enough data to draw any conclusions. USPS usually not banged up much if at all. A little slower but great prices. Might be some other variables in there too, but I think in general, they all suck on occasion when it comes to beating up your boxes!

9. ice

ice Member

McKenzie BAD. They refuse to ship lacquer-based paint to Alaska, even though there are ways to ship without going by air,, (like UPS ground) which makes it perfectly fine. I get laquer- based Lifetone from Research Mannekins all the time with no problem. Can't get Polytranspar from McKenzie. They say they "can't ".

10. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

My experiences has been just the opposite. I have shipped UPS where you had to try to damage the box that much. Never had any issues with USPS that I recall.