1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Earliners

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by DEERXNG, May 28, 2017.

1. DEERXNG

DEERXNG Member

I just started using Whitetail earliners and bought a variety of sizes to have on hand. My question is can you
    use a medium for a small if trimmed down in a pinch? Im thinking it might not work but...

2. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

Yes you can. I have had to trim earliners many times.

Todd B

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Don't just cut from one side. Cut all the way around and then take a sander of sorts and feather the edges of the cut line.

4. You can trim them down some but if you over do it you start to lose some of the ear anatomy. Mediums seem to fit about 90% of the deer I mount.

5. DEERXNG

DEERXNG Member

SWEET!!! O, I have another question.. with that earliner , does the butt sit on the surface of the manikin or inside a little? I am making my own butts out of clay. Thank you all very much and Happy Memorial Day!

6. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    Well wen you take out the cartilage lay that on the liner and now you have the right size so cut that and there you go.

7. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Depends on the form. some are deeply cut away to accept their plastic ear butt, you'll need to rebuild with clay, others may need a bit cut away for the canal to set in.

8. DEERXNG

DEERXNG Member

thanks Paul B