1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bear mount

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by iowabowhunter, Jun 1, 2017.

1. iowabowhunter

iowabowhunter Member

Getting ready to do my first bear shoulder mount. Does anyone have any pics of clay work for the head to rebuild muscle structure? And other tips and tricks also greatly appreciated

2. BrianHendricks

BrianHendricks Member

I don't think there is any standard procedure for clay work. The form and expression you choose will determine what needs to be done or not. Some forms require very little clay work, others a considerable amount.

3. BrianHendricks

BrianHendricks Member

Another thought. If you give more info you will get more help. What specie , form , expression or attitude ? Maybe post some pics and I'm sure there's a bunch of people that will chime in and give some great advice and ideas.

4. iowabowhunter

iowabowhunter Member

Thanks. Its a black bear...ill post pics of the form when i get it.

5. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Do a search for forms without skins or capes in either the life size or game head section, but I would only use it as a starting point. If you follow someone else's mistakes you only duplicate them. Study reference and duplicate what you see.

6. iowabowhunter

iowabowhunter Member

Thanks. Never thought of it that way

7. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

The new Van Dykes bear forms are pretty nice, repro nose is standard on form. Nice muscle and head structure, not the football head shape on some forms.

8. turkeyshooter

turkeyshooter Member

Ditto, Paul B on the Van Dykes bear forms!