1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tankless water heater

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by hairy perch, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Has anyone had any experiences with these.I see them on EBay for as low as $50 and thought of getting one for my new bug house instead of paying over $300. for a 40 gallon at HD. I only plan on using it for washing skulls and hands.I have a small 1 gallon one in my taxidermy shop and it runs out of hot water way too fast

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

I used to sell those. They work great. Hot water as long as water is running through it. Won't be a real heavy water flow though. Has to go through the unit slow enough to get heated but you can also adjust how hot it gets.

3. Seawolf. Do you remember the brand? The one I am looking at is a Rheem RETE9- Echosense. Or in your opinion which one is the better one?

4. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Are you planning on gas, electric or propane? I researched them when I remodeled my house and the gas and propane ones had bad reviews, the electric ones worked more consistent, with less issues but they need dedicated wiring for 240, which excluded using them in my house without adding 200 amp service that would have run me $5000 or more. If I waited for the co-op to put it in, which is likely slated for the future and will be free, go figure?

5. Sea Wolf

I don't remember the brands. I actually sold a few different ones. The ones I had were for marine use .. and camping though. 12 volt systems. Check on those. Not the same as for in a house but works the same way. Might be easy enough to rig something off a 12 volt converter or a bank of batteries on a trickle charge.

6. krollh

krollh Active Member

I bought the RETE-9 about a year and a half ago. I have it hooked to a dedicated 240V line with a 40amp breaker.
    It is plenty for a utility sink for normal taxidermy needs. When turned up, the water will burn you if you don't have the faucet 100% open.
    I have no regrets with this unit.

7. Just got a brand new RTE13 on ebay for $108. free shipping. It is going to be hooked up to the 240 volt line I was going to use for my Water heater.It is supposed to put out 4 GPM so I think it will work just fine. I will keep everyone updated

8. KLFL

KLFL Member

I've heard good things and bad... just look at reviews on amazon maybe it will help

9. Got SCREWED. This butt head sends me a POS plastic bracelet from Singapore. Wrote to Ebay and they are waiting to see if he responds if not I guess they will refund my money. I don't want a refund I want that RTE !3 for $108. will keep everyone posted as tomorrow is the deadline

10. Sea Wolf

A bracelet? LOl .. yeh, you will get your money back but that really is pretty bad. Did it say in the item that it was shipping from overseas? Going to have to leave a big negative comment on that one. I always troll the negative comments on sellers before I decide to buy anything from them. Sometimes, when something sounds too good to be true .. it is.