1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Africrap

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Jun 5, 2017.

1. This reminds me of the time grandpa had the wrong knee replaced... Good luck and let us know how it shakes out.

2. DL

DL Well-Known Member

That's a lot of super glue. Must come in quart cans.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Whatever the hell they were, he was tickled pink and said those were his animals. Don't care any longer, check didn't bounce and he's sending a Rusa, a Sambar, and a water buffalo here to be mounted. I damned well KNOW what those look like.

Brian, that guy had a African wild cat, a cerval and caracal that all looked similar to your picture. Those of you who've never done Africrap, be prepared when you get your first ones in. As Brian said, that's why we charge more for equivalent sized game coming from this dirt hole.

4. DL

DL Well-Known Member

If those small African cats are as thin as bobcats In the stomach you got real issues. Super glue in a quart can.

5. BrianHendricks

BrianHendricks Member

The holes weren't so much of an issue. They can be dealt with. The real problem is no stretch. From the back of the shoulders on it had none. I did get the front half together. The back half would've been a wiener cat with toothpick legs though. Not all that attractive IMO and probably not what he would've wanted. And of course they don't want to pay extra on top of the higher African prices. So we do what we can in a reasonable amount of time. Usually the form alterations and extra finish work eats up the increased African prices and doesn't allow for a whole lot of extra fussing. Oh, and don't watch the clock when you start on the really bad stuff. This was mediocre. Lol

6. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Here ya go folks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Taxiserv

Taxiserv James Newport

Jerrry that's nice but next time try and do it on the wrong species form!!!

8. BrianHendricks

BrianHendricks Member

It WAS a giraffe WITH LEGS , James. I heard you were quite an influence on him in the seminar.

9. BrianHendricks

BrianHendricks Member

Great job fitting that together Jerry ! Sometimes a form for a different specie is your best bet. Here's what I mounted the African Wildcat on. A Gray Fox body, a Bobcat head reduced and Gray Fox earliners trimmed a bit.

Attached Files: