1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

In Loving Memory Of Our Inchumuk

Discussion in 'Taxidermy History' started by John Janelli, Jun 16, 2017.

1. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Today marks the 5th anniversary of the passing of our dearly loved and sorely missed friend, Henry "Inchumuk". Native peoples are said to have had no word for 'goodbye'. They simply said - You go, I stay.
    Inchumuk, we stayed and you left, but still all to soon.

MixedupMel likes this.
  2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Far too soon.

MixedupMel likes this.

3. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    I treasure the time I was able to spend with the Modern Master ... He is missed.
    [​IMG]
    A photo I will always treasure! Henry and me back in 1993. I missed my chance to be taught by him ... to work with him. I'm glad I didn't miss the chance to finally meet him and become a friend. I knew I was in the presence of greatness! But Henry ... he was as down to Earth as they come!

[​IMG]
    Artist, Sculptor, Creative Developer, 'Animal Restorer', (he didn't like the word - Taxidermist - as a description of what we do. As he told me: " We do much, much more!" and he was right!). Ad to the list Mentor, Hero, and then Friend ... Mr. Henry Wichers Inchumuk.

[​IMG]
    We had been traveling that summer with our pet Squirrels, and when we stopped to visit Henry, and he learned we had our little ones with us, he insisted we bring them right in! I thought it was so cool that Henry - Master that he was - would sit in front of Sissy and Elliott almost in awe of Natures little gifts. He had the fascination of a child with them. But then again, that is what a Master does ... never stops studying and learning!

Some "Recent" Taxidermy History
    https://www.facebook.com/john.bellucci.3/media_set?set=a.3283235519813.2130577.1235367200&type=3

MixedupMel likes this.
  4. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

wonder what ever became of his beautiful sculptures behind him in the last photo

MixedupMel likes this.
  5. LordRusty

Ohio
    I believe his son has them ...

Henry and I talked about them at length when we were there.

MixedupMel likes this.
  6. Museum Man

would have been awesome if he would have given you one !

MixedupMel likes this.
  7. LordRusty

Ohio
    What I got from him, is just as treasured!

The first was this custom leaping Squirrel mannikin. The body is urethane foam, while the head was cast in plaster from a latex rubber mold.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A leaping Abert's Squirrel. This is the mount of the mannikin I now own a copy of!
    [​IMG]

Another, even more generous gift from Henry, this exquisitely mounted Ground Squirrel. The ears are lined with thin metal ... the type you get when you unroll and clean out an old tube of toothpaste - this was back when they still used soft metal instead of the new plastics! The rock base is a solid piece of Granite, with little holes drilled into it to accept the leg wires, which I assume are epoxied in place. The underside of the rock has four little rubberized feet to keep it from scratching whatever it sits on. Masterful!
    [​IMG]

More of Henry's personal pieces can be seen here ...
    Henry Wichers Inchumuk ... Some Of His Work
    https://www.facebook.com/john.bellucci.3/media_set?set=a.3289986768590.2130755.1235367200&type=3

MixedupMel likes this.
  8. Museum Man

I agree, you came out just as good. items to treasure for sure

MixedupMel likes this.