1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pellet holes

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by vincer15, Jun 23, 2017.

1. vincer15

vincer15 New Member

Just wondering what different methods people on here use to repair pellet holes in duck feet before injecting them

2. Apoxie Sculpt.:)

3. vincer15

vincer15 New Member

I've tried that and under pressure the injection fluid still comes out the hole

4. Tom Maul

Tom Maul Active Member

I'd like to hear some approaches to this, also.
    I THINK it was James Parrish who suggested an approach I've used with some success.
    Do your best to fill the hole with super glue and immediately cover with borax. It kicks instantly. Blow off the excess borax. Inject as you normally would. After your injection has kicked and the feet/legs have set, you'll need to go back and carefully grind the borax/superglue repair down with a dremel and smooth with epoxy sculpt.
    James, if this wasn't your suggestion I apologize... ;D I want to give credit where due, but don't want to unfairly attach unwanted "baggage" to anyone... ;)

5. oh I thought you just needed to repair holes after the feet were already dry. I like what Tom said....in fact I'll have to try that too!

6. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Well-Known Member

I do what tom does as well , works great.