Bird of the Week #31 (30.7-5.8.2007)

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover New Member

Twit twit my birdfellows!!
    We got last week many fine looking and some of them pretty rare birds in this threat,thats nice!! It's again time to start a new interesting week.

I've chosen "winner" of the week from last week and this time it's Aaron's bird. I just love the composition and basework. And birds are a master class work,but we all know that Aaron's work is usually is just that,master class.

So, here it goes,it's time to start new week with birds and I hope you all nice week and great work coming out of your hands!!

Best eishes...JP from Finland ;)

2. bird artist

bird artist New Member

Well heck, what a pleasant surprise and a nice high to go to sleep with on this late Sun nite. Thanks so much for your nomination taxi lover and with the outstanding mounts that appear on this thread every week it's a real compliment considering how great a lot of them are. thanks again and can't wait for the show to start!
    aaron

3. Great looking mount! I love the shapes of the birds and the positions of the legs. Also the habitat base is very nice. It gives me some fresh ideas.

4. mcole

mcole New Member

Nice birds....here one that I completed last week its one for my personal collection.......

[​IMG]

5. Moose5222

Moose5222 Guest

Congrats to Aaron!....I'm submitting Divers for this week....and I thought I better show one finsihedLOL! ;)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. Adam

Adam New Member

Love that hoodie!!! I have always loved those, I have two nice ones in the freezer, like everything else now all I need is time!! Great birds!!

7. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

a female Long eared owl, the European species. Congratulations to Bird Artist for winning last weeks ´Bird-of-the-week-i-liked-this-one-the -most-of-all-mounts-entered-this-week´ first place! ;D ;D

8. Rick RR GBirds

Rick RR GBirds Let's go kill some birds...I'm psyched!

Here's a Gaddy...loaded with pin feathers, but turned out okay!

9. BeckyBird

BeckyBird My Baby Bluebirds

Here's another bird that went out this weekend....I don't have a nice photography studio, so the great outdoors will have to do!
    P.S. I love all the birds here this week! Bird of the Week is such a great topic:eek:)

10. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

that looks huge Becky! Nice one!

11. Great stuff to start off the week!!!

Here's one I finished up yesterday

[​IMG]

12. Rick RR GBirds

Rick RR GBirds Let's go kill some birds...I'm psyched!

Becky...REEEEEAL Nice job on that big boy! My Woodies are starting to get a little color again! Man, they are awesome pets! Oh, my photo studio consists of a real small room the size of a bathroom. Looks more like a dungeon!

13. truetolife

truetolife Fly goosey fly away....isn't she beautiful

Pa
    A pair of late season Arkansas shoveler's, nothing beats hunting the prairie in January.

14. Nice Shovelers, good job

15. JonHarleTX

JonHarleTX Ya'll hear that. George just signed in. Quick Hide

Becky,

When the bird looks as good as your goose, it doesn't need a fancy background to make it stand out! It will do that on it's own!

Great Job on that Honker!
    Jon~

16. JonHarleTX

JonHarleTX Ya'll hear that. George just signed in. Quick Hide

Well I am not for sure if I will have a bird for this week, as I will be working on this project for most of the time and the client , poor soul, has chosen an absolutely goofy pose, not to mention near impossible for the bird, so I doubt very very seriously if I will be posting a picture of the completed bird anywhere as I think I would embarass myself.. Even though I've told the client what is right and wrong, she has even admitted to wanting a "cartoonish" appearance to the bird. but hey as long as the check clears (which it did,) who am I to tell her how to spend her money.

And no this is not the final pose.. They neck in the finishished piece will be almost ina complete circle.. imagine that..

Jon~
    [​IMG]

17. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover New Member

Wow,my friends!! You don't make it easy to choose a starter of the week... :eek:I begun to know how the judges feel in competition when they have to decide a best mount from hundred fabulous mount! But it's really nice to see so many gifted bird taxidermist and very original ideas as well. I think this weekly thread is and will be a great inspiration to each other of us!! :D
    Jon, please send us a photo from finished product. It doesn't matter if client want's it to stand on it's head (as they sometimes will...) we still wan't to see your finished product!! And as I know your work,it's going to be a nice mount what ever position....
    ;)

18. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Here's a Moorhen. Nice mounts, I really like the owl and the canada goose! And I would love to see the finished bird Jon, haha.

19. Bird folks this is one of the best weeks I have seen in a long while. I was going to post an addition but I think not now. lol. I will wait until y'all have a bad week.

20. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

nice moorhen peter. the leg colouring looks superb. i have a few in the freezer i just might pull one out. ;D lee...