1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lake Country Salmon Replica?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by IAtaxi, Jun 26, 2017.

1. IAtaxi

IAtaxi Member

About to tackle my first salmon replica. Its a LCR 35X20.5 FR. Anyhow I just opened the box and am not sure I like what I'm seeing. It appears to be bumpy on the show side. Debating on throwing a paint job on it or not. Wondering if when I put some paint on the bumps will be less of a focal point or if I need to go looking elsewheres for a different blank. This is not to be a bust on Lake Country thread as so far they've knocked every fish they've sent me out of the park.

Can anyone relate with a salmon replica?

2. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    I'll jump in first..............from my experience.............with 'bumps' on the replica, they seem to show up if you angle your paint from anything other than perpendicular. I'm confident that others will jump in also and explain a way to avoid this problem.
    jerry

3. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

If you're talking about those tiny 'bubble' like bumps, I think those are caused by bubbles in the master mold. I've found them easy enough to knock off with a side ways whack with a screwdriver or some such thing, just so that you don't scratch the good stuff. You can try to dremel them down, with the same warning. In any case, the idea is to make them less noticeable and more natural looking. Hand files!!! That's it, little tiny handfiles from Harbor Freight!!! Gawd I have got to get out of this heat!

~S

4. IAtaxi

IAtaxi Member

No this is more.....picture a dead salmon and push down on it with your fingertips and where your fingertips were on the fish did not pop back up, type of waves in the blank.

5. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

Ooooooh SEND IR BACK!!!

~S