1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Obregon openings.

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by brazosboyt, Jun 27, 2017.

1. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

I have 6 openings in my week for Obregon Jan 31-feb 5. You are getting a deal that I worked out with the outfitter over the last 5 years. You get 4 full days hunting for the normal price of three days. If you called to book with Reuben, you would not get this deal or a date as he is booked.

I'm not going this year but I need to fill my dates so I can keep my week for 2019. I went 5 years straight and decided to take off 17,18 and will go back jan of 19. This is the best week down there.

The hunt consists of one bay hunt/day for ducks/brant and either one canal hunt or dove hunt/day. You will have access to my 4 dozen brant decoys that Reuben is keeping for me.

The hunt is $3750 with about $300 in tips. This includes all meals and drinks. Airfare runs $400-$1200.

Here's a few pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have any questions, shoot me a pm. I'm not an outfitter so if you want to go, I will set you up with Reuben.

2. Hunts4ducks

Hunts4ducks New Member

Jesus Christ - for that kind of money you can go get 4 King Eiders! Plus other sea ducks and for just puddlers and a few Brant?

3. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

brazosboyt I don't believe Hunts4ducks wants to go! Unreal the responses people post on here. Did I miss the part were he said " this is the cheapest hunt ever" How about the fact he's opening up a spot for a once in a lifetime hunt for someone and offering up his decoys to use and hooking you up with a great guide that he's spent years creating a relationship with? The birds he gets are as prime as they get did you see those Cinnamons? Added to my bucket list. Just say'n 8)

4. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

a king hunt is going to cost you a lot more than that with airfare boat ferry fees..car rentals...cold weather gear...and you get to throw your shotgun away and the end of the hunt....Im from Minnesota and would much rather go south and shoot a couple hundred birds than go farther north and freeze to shoot 4 ducks...

5. fowlweatherfowler

fowlweatherfowler Well-Known Member

NW Ohio
    I went with Todds group back in 15. That trip was nothing short of amazing. Between the shear number of birds, quality, and accommodations it was worth every penny.

6. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

Been north and south. This trip willgetbthe "collecting and killing" out of your system.

7. wilcox1088

wilcox1088 Active Member

Man that is tempting. What's the reason for the zip ties. And how many bands did y'all end up shooting???

8. nate

nate Active Member

I don't think them prices are out of line. Especially for a trophy collection like that!!

9. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Could be the zip ties to identify the shooter.??

10. speck1

speck1 Member

I have seen this before,maybe refuge forums? Duckhunting chat?

nice fully plummed birds

11. fowlweatherfowler

fowlweatherfowler Well-Known Member

NW Ohio
    Yes the zip ties are used to identify the shooter and that its going into a zip lock. As for banded birds we ended up with 10 or so for the group. Some tarsus and some not

12. Sprigman

Sprigman Member

How many are you allowed to bring back into the US ? I can promise this is a good price and nowhere close to what I will speed this year going to Island X to hunt Kings.

13. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

You can import 5 of each species.

14. Sprigman

Sprigman Member

Awseome! Thanks Todd.