1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Unique Vintage African Black-Backed Jackal Skin Rug

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Light Rail Coyote, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

WHAT A RARE OPPORTUNITY!

This genuine vintage African blacked-backed jackal skin rug is one-of-a-kind, and top of the line in rarity and luxury. Even the finest American furriers don't have access to African black-backed jackal skins like this very often. What a unique opportunity to acquire a true "centerpiece" for your fur, taxidermy, or home decor collection. Would be a great backdrop in your show room! A work of art like this demands utmost respect and attention from all who view it. Would make a unique piece for a museum or educational department, as well!

Measuring a whopping 79" X 79", it's perfect for a rug, wall-hanging, or blanket. Backed in felt for added durability and warmth, no corners were cut in the creation of this product. It's older (1960s or 1970s), but has been very well-cared for over the years, with one minor repair job done to a pelt that ripped during a move. The repaired damage is noted in the photos.

Composed of 32 jackal skins, dedication and tedious craftsmanship went into the process of making this item. I've had it as part of my personal collection since 2010 and am incredibly reluctant to let go of it. However, I'm in the process of moving now and have no space for it any longer. Send me a PM if you're interested.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]