1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wholesale whitetail prices

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by slater56, Jul 6, 2017.

1. slater56

slater56 Member

Just trying to get a feel what people charge to do wholesale whitetail. This is my scenario, go to taxidermists shop and pick up antlers,cape and supplies. Return to my shop, prep antlers, cape, form and mount deer. When dry get ready for finish work and deliver back to taxidermist. Also pickup and delivery are about 7hr round trip.

2. gab

gab Active Member

I have a contract guy I use about 7 hrs round trip ,same scenario. except I pay for a completely finished head.i pay 25% for the finished head.He picks up and delivers 8-10 at a time.Mostly exotic gameheads I charge 750-775 for.whitetails 650.So he's getting about 175-190 per head.this is for a very experienced taxidermists work.

3. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Is that 175 to 190 with him the wholesale guy buying all the materials ?
    Tommy

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

You supply the wholesaler with all supplies on gameheads.....at least in my experience.......the exception on my part is fish and birds.

5. gab

gab Active Member

he's responsible for incidentals:clay bondo thread glue etc. I supply forms eyes and a tanned cape.He measures capes the way he likes,tells me what forms and eyes to order and I have them shipped straight to his shop

6. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Gotcha.
    Tommy