1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New York Has Lost another great Guy/ Taxidermist ! John Loveday

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Tri-Ponds Taxidermy, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Just got a call today that John Loveday passed away Wednesday. He was a great guy and a great taxidermist. He serve many years on the board of the United Taxidermists of New York & he would do anything he was told, I was proud to have him on the board with me.
    http://www.adreanfuneralservices.com/book-of-memories/2976035/Loveday-John/obituary.php

Gregg Ielfield
    Past President of UTNY

2. Carolin Brak-Dolny

Carolin Brak-Dolny Active Member

So sorry for your loss. John was a very nice man.

When I first started taxidermy, I attended the NY competition. I met John there. We were discussing the best ways to work on bear rugs. He told me about how he staples the rug first , then he described the stapler he used. I told him I had never seen that kind up here in Canada , but I would have to look for one. After I returned home, a few days later I got a surprise in the mail. He had sent me a stapler and staples! I thought it was so awesome that he did that... I still have that stapler and use it every time I work on a bear rug. You meet the best people at taxidermy competitions!

3. scott wilkinson

scott wilkinson Member

Rest in peace John. He was a wonderful man,person,and taxidermist. I am proud to have known him and had the honor of having him as a board member myself. He was a true gentleman and will be dearly missed. Condolences to his family and friends. God speed my friend....

4. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Sad news for sure. May he rest in peace. Regards to his family.

5. Smittdog59

Smittdog59 New Member

Very Sad,
    John was a kind hearted individual and a very talented taxidermist.
    I was fortunate enough to work with John on the board of directors,he was always willing to give a helping hand.
    I got to see and speak to John one last time at this year's New York convention.I hadn't seen John in about 8 years and he knew exactly who I was. It was tough to see him in wheel chair.
    God bless you John we will miss you and your work.
    Jeff Smith

6. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

This is sad news. My condolences to family and friends. I remember John simply as a true gentleman, and a great talent. May he rest in peace.

-Fred Barilla & family.