1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Big Thank You from the NTA

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Michelle B, Jul 17, 2017.

1. I would like to extend a huge thank you to all the vendors who showed their support and came to the show, for all their contributions to the prize fund and auction. Thanks you Ken for being there for all our photography needs and have fun with us.
    It was all truly appreciated.

To the montana, utah, and Idaho associations for all the help. To all our board, staff, and friends that volunteered to help

And last but certainly not least, to the membership for their support to make it such an awesome show w/ over 200 entries!
    Congratulations to all the winners!
    And again, thank you to all, it was a great week! I had the chance to meet alot of wonderful people and spend time with some great friends.
    -michelle

2. Scott Humble

Scott Humble New Member

Thanks for bringing the 46th annual NTA convention to the mountain west. You and the rest of the NTA officers, staff and board of directors did a great job. The seminars were excellent, and the judges were very knowledgeable and helpful. I had a great time and plan to attend many more in the future. Now rest up, you deserve it.

3. Owl Ridge

Owl Ridge New Member

Was an amazing show. Thank you for bringing it out west where a lot of us can drive easily. Had a great line up of seminars put on by a great group of knowledgeable industry leaders. The pieces that all the contestants brought where top notch, and what I can someday strive for, amazing. Big thank you to the NTA officers and board.
    Thanks, Tate

4. Pictures please.

5. Here's an excellent grouse mount from the NTA show -

Attached Files:

6. Another NTA competition mount -

Attached Files:

7. And another fish mount -

Attached Files:

8. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Photos of the major award winners are now available on Ken's Corner.

9. Fred Vanderburgh

Fred Vanderburgh Member

Those that want to view the pictures from the 2017 NTA Competition go to Ken's Corner. It was an amazing display of western taxidermy. Over two hundred entries judged by the best in the business. I was honored to be able to work with them as Competition Chairman.

10. Looks like there was a great turn out with a lot great work,glad to see Jeff dusted off his trout and got back in the completion ring.

11. catman

catman Active Member

It was a great time! The best venue I can recall ever attending a show at.

12. NTA

NTA National Taxidermists Association

From the NTA Headquarters desk, Many many thanks to all who helped bring this show together. I especially want to thank Dee, Morgan, and Mickail. Without their support and hard work, registration would not have gone nearly as smooth as it did. Of course I also want to thank the board members, the seminar instructors, the judge's and all the awesome competitors. Thanks to Ken for another fantastic job of photographing the event, and to Stevie Von Hagen for a very entertaining auctioneering job at the banquet. Thanks to Denise Vanderburgh, Dan & Becky Snyder, Shawn Shaw, and the Montana, Utah, and Idaho Taxidermy Associations for all the behind the scenes work, whom without, much of what it takes to pull off a show of this quality and size just could not have been accomplished. Many thanks also to all the vendors who made this year's Prize Fund the largest to date. This show was truly the best I've been involved with and very excited to begin working on Convention 2018. Get Ready Midwest. Announcements coming in the near future.