1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Luster flex

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by WLELTD, Jul 18, 2017.

1. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

Any body know what this is ?

2. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Yes it's a fin coating. Not sure if it's still available.

3. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

I guess I asked wrong . I know what it is , I wonder the product or a different place to get it. like hobby lobby or wallmart , not much out there that was made just for taxidermy,

4. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Not available at Hobby Lobby or Walmart. Not sure who carries it now.

Hopefully someone else will chime in.

I use Elmer's glue with good results.

5. Monty Artrip

Monty Artrip Active Member

Tasco carries this or at least they did. I haven't found anything similar personally. I like Tuff Fin but kind of pricey.

6. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Arron told me about aleene"s tacky glue. Was a bit thick for me. I cut it with 50% alcohol to a thinner stae. Have been using ever since. No brittle fins, even after several years.

7. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

How does this stuff compare to 'Modge Podge'? I've heard of folks using this stuff but I'm unfamiliar with it or what it's like.

~S

8. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

S. this stuff is very nice . it's clear and heavy levels out well but I think pricey like it a lot , has to be made for something else

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Just make sure you let it dry for 24 hours before painting. Been there done that where I didn't wait long enough.

My Elmer's glue is dry in a few hours if the humidity is low.

10. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

I think this stuff is the same as triple thick and the cost is way way way cheaoer