1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

" Well, I didn't get to it last weekend, so I think I'll go and mow my......"

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by fish stuffer, Jul 19, 2017.

1. fish stuffer

fish stuffer Active Member

Roof! Wat? Mow my roof? Yea, "If you need to mow your roof you might be a redneck, or, a taxidermist." When I homesteaded this place in 91, I put a mobile home fairly close to a large oak tree. Nice shade! Then over the years I added on, a room here, a room there. Now It'a a double wide. Next, I built new walls around it, pillars, beams, studwalls vynal siding the whole nine yards. Then, a joist system and neew roof. Then, after a few beers, I decided I wanted a porch down the front of the house, complete with an entranceway with gable roof. Now, the leaves from the oak keep my valleys full of leaves. Water dams up and overflows the leaves and is leaking on my porch and rotting my roof in that area. The tree's gotta go.

When I was young, I'd get up there and clean out the leaves. Now I'm old, tuckered out and , bout stopped caring. One limb sticks out kinda low, just above head high, blocking the view. Need to trim that limb off. I was looking at it the other day and I said, " holy chit, I got weeds 3 foot high growing in my valley!

I told my wife,"honey, let's go buy some azalia bushes and plant em today, want to?" She ask, "where you gone plant em?' I said, "in that little green valey on top of the house." lol!

I've been noticing alot of my customers ask, "RING!!!, you still doing taxiderny? or, "you sure did a good job, if I get anything else I'll be bac.....You gonna stay in bussiness aren't you?" Wat the heck? Whey does everybody think I'm getting out of it? It might be because my house needs a little more upkeep. I don't look sucessfull. It's people like me that gives taxidermists a bad name.

I'm sure things'll change once I mow my roof. LOL!

How bout you guys, any of ya'll got projects that need doin around your shop?

2. tem

tem Well-Known Member

i got to cleen mine bad.......... but. ill do it tomarrow. ::)

3. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

A picture of it would be perfect right about now....

4. rigbobby

rigbobby Active Member

Yes, pretty soon I'll trim the limbs on the oak trees, but the grass needs to be mowed first, but the limbs hang down too low and I can't get under the trees with the mower, anyway I need to finish up that duck.

5. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Greatest labor saving device of today...I will do it tomorrow!