1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

McKinzie

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by WLELTD, Aug 1, 2017.

1. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

what the hay,used to get manikins in one and two days ,now it's two or three weeks ,could surely stock some product instead of making it when you order ,and ship it from NC.

2. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Just ordered 10 forms and misc supplies this morning, will be here tomorrow.

3. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

Paul ,Try a life size that Vandykes carries

4. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Nah, its not a McKenzie thing unless its some seldom stocked item. I get my McKenzie stuff the next day, always.

5. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

I guess it's my fault,since they moved out of Woonsocet every thing is out of NC,nothing is being stocked in Beloit other than Mckenzie product and even some of that isn't, it is a Mckenzie thing

6. I live over 800 miles away and the Mc orders are here in two days. the tracking numbers almost make it fun to watch the packages race from the N. Carolina plant and the Texas plant. last weeks order was split between both plants and arrive on the same truck. Ordered Monday arrived Wednesday.

7. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I get the same great service and never have a problem.

8. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

Don't be vague and bitch, tell us what the item was that took all this time. I get next day via fedex ground.

9. Shipping is usually very good across the entire industry. Not that long ago you could expect 6 to 8 weeks. We are spoiled.

10. If you want something from North Carolina you can have them truck it to Beloit, then they will ship it to you ,I do it so I can use speed dee.

11. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Well, they do not carry many common sizes of Tohickon eyes at Beloit anymore.

12. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

One day on most items if we order before noon, occasionally something has to come from NC and then 2 days

13. davidferguson

davidferguson Member

I guess I'm pretty darn lucky, I drive the 2 miles or so on my lunch break and grab everything.lol

14. Nobody ships faster than McKenzie. But at least you are able to gripe about McKenzie on a site they pay for us to use for free!

15. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

Yes, I say they have good service if the item is in stock, I ordered bear and moose from Vandykes and two weeks later got them , they are not stocking everything in Beloit and also am told they have to make the item then ship it Glad you all are having such great service ,but when Vandykes in Woonsocet was no longer shipping things slowed down for me

16. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Yes it did make it a little more of a pain to get VanDykes supplies in the time frame that we have been accustomed to. I do try to keep that in mind when I am ordering supplies.

17. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I have no qualms with McKenzie. Now UPS...

18. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Well, Ill say, I dont order Van Dyke stuff very often, so maybe Im not the one to comment here. Good luck.

19. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Before McKenzie bought out Van Dykes, it took about five to seven days for me to get it. Now, it takes about five to seven days foe me to get it.

20. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

So just find a comparable form from the Mckenzie catalog and order it. Vandykes has always had a lot of substandard forms and it appears to be backed up by the fact that they have to pour them when ordered. If they were popular items they would be in stock and ready to ship. I do realize that Vandykes forms are often cheaper and I guess there's a reason for that also. Between our 2 studios we mount just about everything and only had an item out of stock at Mckenzie twice in the past 5 years....they were cast lip bear rug shells...Weird.