1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Why we all need to dump UPS

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Cecil, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

No this one is. LOL

2. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

ebay sucks don't go on there
    I do love ups and FedEx and the postel service

3. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    I love ups always have always will They get here on time I don't know why every one hates them.

4. ANDY

ANDY Well-Known Member

Ohio
    My son did the same years ago when we first got the internet. He found a pair of baseball cleats on ebay for $12.00. I told him no way looked and shipping
    was $89.00

5. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

What's this flat rate stuff on eBay? Just enter the package dimensions and weight and they calculate the shipping for you. Then when the item sells, print the shipping label and you're done. Buyer pays exact shipping.

6. Just like someone else posted here, merchandise suppliers are making a fortune on shipping us their product. I work for a medical equipment repair company and our parts come with a shipping cost attached that we are to add to the customer bill. If the part isn't needed and I go to Fed Ex and ship the same part back in the very same box it is nearly 1/3 the cost using our account number. Very few companies don't take advantage of their customers using this tactic. It's free money for them, they have nothing invested.

7. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

WOW...Cecil is still beating this dead cat? Remember, he's a card carrying Democrat....wants everything free and wants us to pay for it..lol. Cecil run your business like you should, pay whatever the other guy wants to charge you for shipping if you use them and just add it to what you charge your customers. You're beginning to look like a FOOL....give it up.

8. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Uhh JL... I haven' posted in this thread for several months. ::) The dates of posts are clearing indicated.

And no I'm not a card carrying democrat. Here in my state there is no such thing. The only restriction is you can only vote all republican or all democrat in the primaries, which I have voted republican more than once to support local and state politicians. I voted republican when the tea party republicans ran the idiot that said rape was the will of God against Dick Lugar.

Haven't been able to stomach any republican presidential candidates for a long time though. Guilty as charged there.

And for someone that is a card carrying democrat I sure get a lot of republican junkmail.

So what does this have to do with UPS again? ::)

9. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Like I said GIVE IT UP.

10. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

You're the one that is responding to a 5 month old post. ;D ;D ;D

11. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

In years past I could order forms before lunch time and I would have them the next day. Now it's 2 or 3 days and I'm 50 miles from McKenzie. It's not McKenzie it's ups!
    I ordered some try bond a few weeks ago. I checked the tracking on the ups tracker. It showed arrival day. It was sent to another city twice after arriving to my city. Ups must be having trouble. I used fed ex from McKenzie last week and it was the same quick service I got in the past from ups. I'm a fed ex convert!

12. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I ordered a smoker. Estimated delivery was 11-22-17 to 12-1-17. Every day after 11-22-17 when I looked at the tracking it said out for delivery. I called on 12-14-17 to find out why it was out to be delivered and not delivered. They said that it was lost and to give them 3 to 8 business to find it. after 7 days they called and said sorry can't find it. So, I cancelled the order and re ordered it and received 6 days later.

No need to freak out or get hysterical, just go through the channels and fix it. I have made mistakes before and Irate customers do not help the situation.

13. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Hey guys you are beaten a dead horse according to JL! ;D

But hey while were at it: ;)

I got a box the other day via UPS. Driver was gone before I got to the door. It was shipped overnight and actually belonged to my neighbor two houses down. Looked expensive. You can't miss the fact my address is clearly on my mail box as 4700 and the neighbor's is clearly on his at 4800. I took it over and put it in front of his door because the phone number of the nearest terminal is really though to find on the Internet. and they only answer from 3:00 to 7:15. And he wasn't home.

Yes prices have gone up with UPs but service is going down to cut costs and produce more profit for the shareholders! Always happens when a corp goes public.

And guess where I found out which house 4800 is? The post office!