1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Nationals??

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by J P Baker, Aug 4, 2017.

1. I need a little clarification Please.
    At state I am in Masters so what level would I be in for Nationals? I have never been to Nationals but if I do,what do I enter into? Texas calls the Categories Professional and Masters but Nationals is Open and Division of Excellence.

2. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

You would enter in the open, they have a qualification for the division of excellence

3. Jerry that's what people keep telling me but I don't see it in the rules. When I read the rules, it's says, "open to anyone entered in the competition" for both Open and DoE

What I see about qualification is you have to win two blues or BOC in DoE to receive "Award of Excellence"

4. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

From my understanding ........

From my understanding in the past you had to earn your way into the Division of Excellence by winning in the Open Division.

I believe they said that this year anyone could enter in the Division of Excellence if they chose to.

You still have a lot of state champions that enter in the Open Division .... just like at the World Show.

:)

Kerby...

5. RichMO

RichMO Active Member

Just show up at the UTA National show.... Coming to OK next year in Oklahoma City....

6. NTA

NTA National Taxidermists Association

Very Good Mr. Baker. You read the rules and have a clear understanding of them. You can enter into the D of E by your own choosing, however, once you enter the D of E you can not go back to the Open division for that particular category. Otherwise you can compete anywhere you wish.

7. Thank you

8. Several people were talking about this at the Texas show. This show is on my short list for next year.