1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mod podge looking for tips!!

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Whitetail_freak, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Whitetail_freak

Whitetail_freak New Member

Hi I'm new to taxidermy I've only done a couple mounts I'm looking for tips on how to apply mod podge to the nose. Thanks in advance!

2. Research has applicator bottles that are the nicest IMO, get the fine tip one.

3. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

And get a nice set of lighted magnifying goggles, the flip-up kind.. Then you can REALLY see what you're doing with the mod-podge. I would personally use liquitex over MP, it flows better and more durable...

4. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

I use an insulin syringe with the needle tip ground flat. I could never keep the applicator bottles from clogging.

5. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I use a fine tip art brush cut off so it's just a stubby tip. Dip in the Modpodge and apply. Tried those applicator bottles buy didn't like them....went back to the tailored brush. Good luck...JL

6. (Sorry if this feels like a hijack post) I have been having trouble with bubbles in my modpodge when using the fine paint brush. Anyone else encounter this? Its something I just recently started having trouble with, Ive always had great results with the paint brush up until recently. Solutions? Are the applicators from research better at preventing this?