1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lake country replica question

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Shawn73, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

I don't do many fish any more. I might do a Muskie for my brother. I'm trying to help him out. Is it worth getting it unassembled to save money. Does anyone have pics of how they come when you order them unassembled.

2. A_Rayner

A_Rayner New Member

3. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

That does help. Thank you.

4. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

The pic linked in the post above is of the traditional series. The signature/premier are quite different.

http://www.lakecountryreplicas.com/replicas/Premier-Unassembled.JPG

5. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

Thank you that's helps even more .

6. den007

den007 Active Member

If you can paint and detail quickly, I find getting them assembled is worth it. They also come in a big foam lined box custom made for your fish........easy to ship and secure. It takes me longer to get all the parts together than it does to paint it. But, if you do not do many fish and have a lot of time......I suppose it can be worth the added epoxy work, etc.

7. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I prefer to set my own eyes on most of the "RTP" blanks. So, there's a little more time for me into each replica. But, on say a 50" LCR unassembled Muskie blank you're probably looking at a couple of hours total finish work and clean-up work to do the assembly/finish work yourself vs paying the additional to have LCR do the work. So, "is it worth it?" is really a leaded question. It really comes down to what's your time worth? That answer can be very different for all of us based on our hourly rates and amount of work we want or need. For me, it's usually not worth my time. But, sometimes I do get unnassembled if I'm on schedule or ahead of schedule with my workload. And, they usually do a pretty good job of assembling and blending for commercial work and they will always make it right if something is not correct. So, I usually let them do the prep work. But, with nearly all RTP blanks, you'll probably still have a little clean-up work or a fin or two to be attached in their assembled blanks. Like most suppliers. Well, except for LCR Pike and Muskie if I remember correctly. These species Assembled will indeed have all their fins attached and minimal shaping or clean-up work is needed...

8. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

Very helpful advise everyone. Thanks. According to the site the premier and signature series are ready to paint in about a hour. I don't do many fish anymore. Just for family.

9. JerseyJays

JerseyJays Well-Known Member

I always buy ready to paint.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10. if you order any blanks from ANYONE regardless of the ready to paint advertisement, still inspect it for details or imperfections. Depending on where you are located perhaps you should visit the supplier and check out the blank you intend to buy. None of them are perfect!