1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Water from compressors

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by jigginjim, Aug 9, 2017.

1. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

How many guys have issues with this? I work full time as quality tech for a company that make filter systems that remove water and oil from the air. How much are guys willing to spend the such a system? I how like to hear from all taxidermist and painters.

2. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Believe it or not I rarely have issues with a climate controlled shop.

3. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

I have a trap on my compressor and another on my line. So I'm all set.

4. I have a second tank that catches the water, Like running a thumper keg on a moonshine still.

5. I drain the tank every now and then. Never really had problems. I'm in Arkansas and it is usually very humid.

6. Attached a piece of 3/8 tubing with a valve to bottom of tank. Gets drained ever week. Have in line filters to all out port line connections.
    And I still get moisture in the line. Maybe because the compressor is out side, maybe is just wet a$$ Louisiana. Maybe it cant be 100% stopped.

7. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I'm glad I don't have to deal with the humidity you southern boys do. I can't imagine even painting fish in it which is why my studio (and house) is climate controlled.

8. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I'm with Mudbat....no problems.

9. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

I do the same thing buck fever mentioned and drain the water as it accumulates but it's not causing me any painting problems. I have all my air lines in the shop run in pvc pipe from above and the compressor is in the back of the shop where I don't hear it. Where all of my lines come down the wall I use a T fitting to come out to my quick release. But I use a short piece of pvc extending the line below the T and have a ball valve on each location. Any water that gets in the line ends up in the bottom of those stump lines and I simply open the ball valve occasionally to clear the water. It is a quick and easy way to keep any moisture from building up in the lines. I probably have 100' of pvc with 7 drops located around the shop. It's the best $100 I've ever spent to not have to hear a compressor running and not ever have air hoses on the floor.

10. Denton Shearin

Denton Shearin 2009-Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Award,

Drain my tank every year or so. filter at the tank and and inline trap in my braided hose. No problems with moisture at all and I'm in the armpit of the south, Tennessee!!