1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mounting A Deer on a Pedestal

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by muddobber, Aug 10, 2017.

1. I have a customer that wants his deer about 18inches above the pedestal with grass up to the bottom of the deer. Now my question is what can I use to support the deer, but small enough to be able to blend with the grass to the point of not seeing it? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

2. bob watkins

bob watkins Member

a clear acrylic rod might work

3. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    steel rod, sufficient to support the finished mount. Use as small of rod or rods that you can get away with, paint to blend with weeds. Most weeds grow in clumps, have the rod/rods come out of center of clumps, blend accordingly.

4. rigbobby

rigbobby Active Member

Try using several, or at least more than two steel rods inserted from different directions. Also consider different shapes, like a broad leaf or something like that might help blend. Just a thought. Good luck.

5. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Weld a 5/8" round hot roll the desired length onto a piece of 3/4" solid square stock on the end going into the form. Then, imbed a piece of light guage 1" tubing into the form by drilling a 2" hole and foaming it in. The square stock will easily slip into the tubing. This single rod will support the pedestal and will not allow the mount to rotate. At pickup, simply lift the mount off the rod. This will not disturb your habitat.

rigbobby and JL like this.