1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Envirotex for artificial water.

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by mopsrdrawer67, Aug 12, 2017.

1. mopsrdrawer67

mopsrdrawer67 Member

I've seen a couple people ask this question in the past and I thought I'd pass along this...
    I just mixed the 50/50 of envirotex resin and catalyst and added 2 drops of water based sailfish blue airbrush paint in with it, and mixed for the recommended 2 minutes. It tinted to a nice blue color fine, then poured it over my (already painted and dried dark blue/green base) and it hardened just fine with no side effects. Looks more like real water to me. It gave it a deep water effect. I added a skin mounted bluegill.
    I hope this helps because I know that experimenting on projects can sometimes ruin them and can get expensive.
    If you'd like to see the finished product, it is on my facebook page (Greg Piraino Taxidermy) and its the pic of the round base with the Bluegill on it.

2. little fred

little fred R.I.P all my fallen taxidermy brother's

What colors would I use if I am doing a winter Marsh

3. mopsrdrawer67

mopsrdrawer67 Member

Use the same colors, but if you are surrounding the water with snow, I would air brush lighter blue/grens near the snow (shore). It will give the effect of the snow reflection off the water.
    Airbrushing the base is the secret. You can make the water seem a mile deep if done properly. Then tint the artificial water.

4. little fred

little fred R.I.P all my fallen taxidermy brother's

Thank's a million

5. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

looks awesome, definitely different and "outside the tackle box" :)